Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
Re: R41NBOW RUMPUS P4RTYTOWN (Spoilers ahead!)

05304.gif
Completely expected to see this. Maybe we might see the new A6I3 minigame soon.

Hussie has really been slacking with the updates lately.

>beta comes out today
>can't get beta if you sign up after today

HUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE

OH DO YOU FEEL THAT JAVELIN

DAVE/TEREZI IS CANON

well, John/Rose has been basically murdered so I'm pretty bummed about that

Okaaaaay. Let's see:
Kurloz is fucking awesome (and scary). I love that guy. Might even be my favorite pre scratch ancestor.
Mituna is retarded apparently. And his quirk is hard to read. But he's okay I guess.
I don't really like Cronus very much.
Meulin is so adorable :33333

Cronus - he's like a happy Eridan. With the same level of success. I actually prefer the old Eridan, but not by that much.
Mituna - a loser Sollux for the loser Terezi. Seriously. This guy is much worse than Sollux, even more than Latula was worse than Terezi.
Meulin - I actually rather like her. A super-outgoing version of Nepeta.
Kurloz - happily evil, apparently. Gamzee is better imo but he's not bad.

My favorite part about this flash though is the Karkat/Terezi conversation.
Travis Touchdown said:

OH DO YOU FEEL THAT JAVELIN

DAVE/TEREZI IS CANON

well, John/Rose has been basically murdered so I'm pretty bummed about that
karkat finally got out his feelings though

there's still hope

Man kurloz fucking terrifies me!

I love meulin.

I kinda like Cronus. He seems cool. Meulin is friggin adorable like Nepeta, and Kurloz is a creep.

Here are the highlights of today's update:

• Mituna's theme. And absolutely nothing else about him.
  • Not one, but two good trolls, Meulin and Kurloz. This means I can stop trying to defend Latula as the best pre-scratch troll when even she isn't that good.
  • Marceline! Considering how Rainbow Drinkers are a bigger insult to vampires than Twilight, her appearance is unexpected, but far from unwanted.
  • Gamzee's still evil, which means he'll probably kill all the trolls for reals this time.

Kurloz deafened Meulin and likely turned Captor into the broken shadow he is now.

And he's openly affiliated with Gamzee and Lord English. Certainly not a good guy to be around.

(no idea how Meenah and Aranea are both are aware of LE and still look at Gamzee's religion as a joke)

cronus is a terrible person and he made me want to rip his throat out in record time

Cronus is worse than Eridan, which I thought was impossible. Why do the Aquarius trolls have to be so fucking terrible?

I may be one of the few people that actually likes Mituna. I don't know, but there's something about him that's great. His theme sucks though. Why do he and Latula have to have such terrible themes.

Kurloz is meh. He looks cool. Meulin is pretty cool.

Heh, Adventure Time and Colbert in that one part was pretty great.

EDIT: Disregard what I said about Meulin, she's great.

VnMPv.png

>mfw ponies
Obvj2.png

Mituna is funny, but I hate him so much because now my idea of the Heir class is fucked over. However his conversation(s) with Cronus were hilarious.

Speaking of vwich, Cronus is like Kankri, but without the intelligent part, which leaves only annoying. And he's arrogant. Grr. Now we need to figure out how he allowed destruction of or through hope...

Meulin is slightly annoying ._.

Kurloz is simply awesome. Though we need to figure out how he destroyed or cause destruction through rage.

Anyone notice the legs by Terezi? Could anyone inform me as to what they are? They don't appear to be her lusus...

okay so talking with a friend I suddenly got inspiration for Coraline-Kurloz.

Jx7zH.png

beautiful

Jack Noir said:
My favorite part about this flash though is the Karkat/Terezi conversation.
I have to clarify that this conversation was another Karkat/Terezi gem - one of those wonderful adorable moments that you don't see often in the entire world of fiction.
I GUESS ALL I WANT IS FOR YOU TO BE HAPPY IS ALL.
i don't think it's possible to read stuff like this and not feel all emotional and stuff inside. i really don't.

Despite the fact that I prioritize Terezi x Karkat over everything else, it'll help that if Terezi sticks with Dave we'll see Meenah/Karkat get more important. Which is sweet because they're totally kindred spirits and all that.

Yeah, Karkat was especially awesome in this update. His really evolved.

Kurloz and Meulin are awesome. Gamzee's still evil. Some people suspected that, iirc. The legs look like a new chess monster to brutally murder. :evilgrin: Mituna and Cronus ohgodwhy....so much bad! Sad about the Kar/Ter ship but Meenah/Karkat is quite adorable.

Bec Noir said:
Sad about the Kar/Ter ship but Meenah/Karkat is quite adorable.
I think Kat/Ter is actually improved by events in this, as 1. Karkat finally gave up his selfishness and 2. Terezi saw just how much he cares. It's basically up to her now.

Also, I just realized something crucially important.

Remember playing as Kurloz and entering his and Gamzee's dark palace or whatever? The chest on the left contains a JUJU BREAKER, a weapon that they consider blasphemous or something. And they worship Lord English.

What exactly does the JUJU BREAKER look like? THE CROWBAR. The one that can stop temporal influences on whatever it's used on.

Things start to fall into place when you look at the crowbar from this perspective. Who was the last person seen with the crowbar? The post-scratch trolls' Jack Noir. And where did Lord English go? Bingo.

Hussie rushed Jack away, saying "There's no time to lose, we've got to get you out of here." That's likely because the crowbar could be the key to defeating Lord English, because one of the reasons he's nigh-invulnerable is because he can travel in time.

Man I have a lot of catching up to do.

I haven't read it since we learned about the post-scratch trolls and I ragequitted.

Toad85 said:
I haven't read it since we learned about the post-scratch trolls and I ragequitted.
Most of them are really lame, or just don't quite compare to their originals.

Meenah (Feferi's ancestor) is the best by far. I would say that Meulin (Nepeta's ancestor) and Porrim (Kanaya's ancestor) are also not too bad.

Back