2011-12 NFL Season

ralphfan

Thank you based god
About time this thread was made.

So any thoughts about the preseason? I think that the main focus for most teams should be that the quarterback looks decent and that nobody gets hurt, and that young players progress and that if there's an undetermined spot on the depth chart, that one of the players contending for it looks good enough to earn it.

That being said, there are some teams with unanswered questions...

49ers: Find a decent quarterback. They now have six quarterbacks that would make decent backups but no starter.
Broncos: Orton or Tebow?
Colts: Manning may need to miss a few games. Too bad he'll probably be back in time for Baltimore. They definitely need someone who can start and if Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky are their best options, then they're really fucked. This would be a very good thing.
Bengals: Quarterback.
Jaguars: Quarterback.
Titans: Quarterback.

I don't pay a ton of attention to the preseason so I probably omitted a few teams from that list.

Can't wait for Week 1!

I'm very excited for the Lions this year. Between ending last year on a good note (4 game winning streak), and showing both dominance and grit in 2 different Preseason games and the talent potential. I would expect to see a Great season for a team that's otherwise had the worst decade of any team of perhaps any professional sport.

Northern Verve said:
a Great season for a team that's otherwise had the worst decade of any team of perhaps any professional sport.

Yeah, aside from the Pirates, I'd say they did have the worst decade of any team.

I think 6-8 wins is reasonable and they could win a ninth or even tenth game and make the playoffs, but I wouldn't count on it for sure.

answer my question

centaursTesticle said:
Northern Verve said:
a Great season for a team that's otherwise had the worst decade of any team of perhaps any professional sport.

Yeah, aside from the Pirates, I'd say they did have the worst decade of any team.

I think 6-8 wins is reasonable and they could win a ninth or even tenth game and make the playoffs, but I wouldn't count on it for sure.

I think 8 is the least they can do unless the things that have snakebit the franchise is still there and we get like tons of injuries to the starting guys. Even if we get a few injuries though, the Lions DO have depth. After all the 4 game winning streak was basically all without Stafford for crying out loud

Well, keeping Stafford healthy is a big part of it. He's definitely talented.

centaursTesticle said:
Well, keeping Stafford healthy is a big part of it. He's definitely talented.

Yeah So true. Without Stafford the Team gets the same result as Last Year no doubt though. With him it's completely reasonable to expect 8-10 wins.

ralph are you just avoiding to answer my question or afraid to admit you said something really dumb

Caboose said:
ralph are you just avoiding to answer my question or afraid to admit you said something really dumb

They have mcnabb so they'll be okay for QB's

Packers suck in preaseason :P

Great game tonight. I was expecting a lot more defense but with Rogers on my fantasy team I'm not too sad.

Cobb's kick return may very well be the play of the year. It's not just that it was a 108-yard return. He got flipped over and somehow landed on his feet.

centaursTesticle said:
Great game tonight. I was expecting a lot more defense but with Rogers on my fantasy team I'm not too sad.

Really?

Cobb's kick return may very well be the play of the year.

REALLY?

centaursTesticle said:

Cobb's kick return may very well be the play of the year. It's not just that it was a 108-yard return. He got flipped over and somehow landed on his feet.

I agree great game.

Back