Toying with a fan fic idea.

Snowstalker

Snowstalker
Basically, it would go something like this:

Mario kills Bowser in what's expected to be a routine battle (Mario, the goodie-two shoes that he is, tries to save Bowser but fails). After that, the plot would go in two separate ways:

1. The Mushroom Kingdom--Mario hides his guilt at his failure to rescue Bowser, faking celebration to go along with the general feeling in the MK. Mario and Peach get married (did I mention that this would be over the course of a few years?), the Mushroom Kingdom holds its general election (Toadbert is the Prime Minister), and Mario becomes the prince consort-to-be after King Toadstool dies.

2. The Koopa Kingdom--Ludwig takes the throne after Bowser's death, which takes a bit of a struggle without a will. While the other Koopalings ally with Ludwig, Bowser Jr, the other contestant for rule of the kingdom, defects to form a terrorist organization with a stated goal of bringing him to the throne. King Ludwig, meanwhile, decides to make the fixes that led to Bowser's constant failures, and behind the new diplomacy prepares for all-out war...

Sure. Sound a little easy on the Mushroom Kingdom though, if the Koopa Troop is in civil war.

I'll probably get to writing it sometime within the next couple weeks. Knowing me, expect later more than sooner (heck, I don't even have a fanfiction.com account yet)

I think Bowser has officially stated Jr will become his successor.

Look at NSMB. Ludwig would have to use some dirty tricks to get the throne.
Of course, he is evil. Maybe doing that would be praised instead of looked down upon.

Wrote the intro chapter.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Unhand a-the princess!”

“HA! You really think so! This time is different! This time, I’LL win out!”

For the fifth time that year, Mario and Bowser were locked in combat, with the portly plumber aiming to rescue Princess Peach from the Koopa King’s grip. This time, the two were on a cliff overlooking a great sea of magma. A slip would surely mean death; Mario was lucky to have a Super Leaf.

The great battle started simple; Bowser spat a few fireballs, which Mario easily dodged. The last one, blue with even greater heat, flew straight towards Mario, who, with a whip of his tail, hit the flare and reflected it, hitting Bowser. Despite his massive size, this hit made him stumbled back. But no worry, he thought while leaping up into the smoke-filled air. His landing preceded by a dark shadow, Mario rolled out of the impact zone, evading harm as Bowser crashed down to the earth.

*CRACK!*

It seemed as if the rocky crag was more fragile than it appeared. It began to crack and crumble under the combatants’ feet, and soon the first chunk of rock plummeted into the magma. The next to fall separated Mario and Bowser, with the latter now on an island in the lava sea. And that island was about to break.

Leaping just as the earth crumbled under his weight, the surprisingly agile Koopa seemed about to reach safety. However, more of the cliff soon began to fall apart, and with it his landing spot. Mario had gone even higher, reaching safety in a mountain cavern with the help of his tail. Peeking out, however, he noticed Bowser’s plight as he, with the cliff’s edge, rocketed down into the lava. Even though this was his arch nemesis, Mario’s heroic instinct kicked in, and after a running start flew down in an attempt to save Bowser.

Dodging some falling boulders and destroying others with a tail whip, Mario daringly flew towards the lava river, where Bowser had just fallen. Though he could survive for a few seconds, and could even become an undead skeleton if he stayed in long enough for his flesh and skin to dissolve, time was fast running out if he didn’t want to be stuck with Kamek’s healing potions for the next few weeks. Just as it seemed hopeless to survive at all, Bowser felt a hand grip his. It was Mario.
Using his tail to flutter up, Mario began to pull out the much heavier Koopa…

*SMASH!*

Another boulder, larger than either of them, fell right on Bowser’s head. Mario lost his grip, and the sinking rock took the Koopa King with it. Mario climbed back up to the top to save himself, and flew back to Bowser’s Castle to meet the Princess in her cell.

But King Bowser was gone.

I would publish it (giving complete credit to you, of course), but I don't want to give away my FanFic account, as that would do away with the last piece of dignity I have.

Go with the Koopa Kingdom plot, though.

Turns out I made an account several years ago but never did anything with it. :P

As for the second part, I'm doing both. They come back together later on.

Submitted the first chapter, and from what I saw it's up. Just go to Games, then Mario (should be near the top)

TBH, I feel a little bit guilty about posting it there. Sturgeon's law has more merit than I expected.

This is great! Again, I'd review, but I don't want anyone here to know my FanFic account.

What's the problem with it? I wouldn't mind (heck, my username is just this one with my favorite number, 42)

I'm not digging Ludwig as the other successor to Bowser, and the fact that there isn't alot of action in the MK. Other than that, it sounds awesome.

Toad85 said:
I'm not digging Ludwig as the other successor to Bowser, and the fact that there isn't alot of action in the MK. Other than that, it sounds awesome.

The MK is mostly focusing on Mario's inner feelings (i.e. trying to write emotional stuff, since this IS my first fic).

Ludwig is the oldest, so I went with him (without anything official, however, there's a struggle)

Snowstalker said:
Toad85 said:
The MK is mostly focusing on Mario's inner feelings (i.e. trying to write emotional stuff, since this IS my first fic).

Ludwig is the oldest, so I went with him (without anything official, however, there's a struggle)
I kind of get Mario's POV, but is Ludwig actually the oldest? I thought that was Roy...

Toad85 said:
Snowstalker said:
Toad85 said:

I kind of get Mario's POV, but is Ludwig actually the oldest? I thought that was Roy...

It's based off of the order they were fought in SMB3, so Larry is the youngest (besides Jr.), then Morton, Wendy, etc.

Back