Clicky or Soft Buttons?

Which feel of the DS's buttons do you prefer?

• Clicky

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Soft

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

DaisyGaga

Da f***, Rosalina?
I was watching an unboxing video of the red 3DS, and apparently, the uploader says in the video that the buttons feel more "clicky" than the blue 3DS, which he claims have a soft feel to them. I imagine it's kind of the same comparison between the buttons of the DS Lite and DSi. What type of buttons do you prefer? If you don't know how both types feel, get a Wii Remote and compare the feel of pressing the + and - buttons to the 1 and 2 buttons, and you'll see what I mean.

I prefer the clicky feel, because soft buttons require slightly more effort to press, and it makes button-mashing games feel more tiring than they should.

I don't have a 3DS yet, but I do have a DS Lite and DSi, which have soft and clicky buttons. I prefer the clicky buttons like on the DSi.

I like the "soft" buttons better because sometimes, with the "clicky" ones, I feel like I'm pressing them when I'm not. Also, I'm more used to "soft" ones because I grew up with the GBC and GBA, and my current handheld is a DS Lite.

I never had a DSi, so clicky buttons was pretty new to me when unboxing the 3DS.
I actually felt in love with the clicky buttons, as it's a lot easier to press on it.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
I never had a DSi, so clicky buttons was pretty new to me when unboxing the 3DS.
I actually felt in love with the clicky buttons, as it's a lot easier to press on it.
This.

I prefer soft buttons because they are comfortable but it doesn't really matter to me if the buttons are soft or clicky.

Clickly. I like that noise

Baby Luigi said:
Clickly. I like that noise

It's the opposite for me. I prefer the soft buttons because the sound it makes actually sounds like my L and R buttons are falling off.

Clicky = Click sound, like on DSi, DSi XL/LL, and 3DS.
Soft = No sound, like on DS Lite, all handhelds before it.

Clicky. The soft ones like the DS Lite has annoy me so much. Sometimes I try to press them, but they don't go in all the way. I can't really explain it...

I like the "clicky" buttons of the DSi; however, I have always preferred the soft ones from the DS Lite. They felt a lot more comfortable, and felt better for the more 3D games (the clicky ones reminded me of the old 2D games from the gameboy and GBA consoles - they fit better for these games in my opinion).

Back