Strange Things on Userpedia

Yoshario

King Bowser
When I looked up MarioWiki in Userpedia, I found some pretty weird shit, and I'd like to ask anybody with any type of authority on Userpedia why it's there.

The things I find strange are bolded.
The Super Mario Wiki, which also goes commonly by the name MarioWiki, is a region in the Wiki World, located in The Continent. Its history is tied with Halopedia, which AgentSeethroo founded. Porplemontage helped the Agent, who in turn helped Porplemontage found the Super Mario Wiki in August of 2005. It is famous for its Mario content, and for possibly being the most community-filled wiki. The Super Mario Wiki is very big, and contains many smaller places. Pipe Plaza could be considered the center of the wiki. This place used to be a big land of empty space, until Steve bought it. The Super Mario Wiki used to be a bunch of little houses made out of sticks; however, more people came to it, and it soon turned into a huge community, thanks to a few users, like Wayoshi. Sadly, Trolls also attack Wikis like this one. A few Parody Wikis of it were made, for example, the UnMarioWiki, Super Malleo Wiki and the Super Luigi Wiki (which died in the ScribbleWiki crash). Its residents are known as MarioWikians.

Essentially, what I'm asking is why do the authors of this article think the MarioWiki is a place?

It's fan material, bro. Mariowiki is treated like a land instead of a web site for purposes of story.

I understand, but the history was also given in that same paragraph. They probably shouldn't be mixed.

It's Userpedia. It's even more random than Mindless Junk.

Seriously, though, it's just for fanon purposes and should not be treated with cynicism.

I'm a patroller there and the things that Superchao and Javelin said are true.

This topic's title honestly sounds like a fanfic.

Oh, and I'm on the cynicism side as well, but I don't treat everything with cynicism.

Clay Mario said:
anybody with any type of authority on Userpedia
I'm the co-Steward.

Clay Mario said:
I understand, but the history was also given in that same paragraph. They probably shouldn't be mixed.
I certainly agree. I find it sad how much factual information has already been tainted with all the fiction being mixed in (it really causes confusion), and that's something that will be dealt with soon.

The Legendary Heroes isn't that bad really; the first one is terribly cliched but has good character interaction and BMB's writing style is engaging. The second one is great because it has major plot twists, characters who actually die and the same engaging writing style. In my opinion, it's the best story on Userpedia.

It would be nice if someone wrote a story that didn't center around the MarioWiki, though.

EDIT: Wow, I got Venture of the Wiki and Legendary heroes mixed up. Fail, self.

Yoshiwalker said:
That's Venture of the Wiki you're talking about...
AUGH AUGH AUGH AUGH AUGH AUGH AUGH AUGH

Yeah, I got them mixed up. What a stupid mistake. Editing the above post now.

Back