What is this means?

King DDD said:

Why it say nothing or nothing you can see and it is guest?
It's a guest who is actually a admin or something.

I've seen guests posting too. I'm not sure, I used to think there was a user named "Guest", but I think it's just a glitch.

I think if it's "Nothing, or nothing you can see" then it's a guest trying to view a restricted access thread.

In Soviet Russia!
SuperMario25 sees you!

Yoshiwalker said:
I think if it's "Nothing, or nothing you can see" then it's a guest trying to view a restricted access thread.
I'm almost completely positive this is the case. The "nothing you can see" part is directed towards the Guest, not the person checking whosonline. When a Guest tries to access a board or topic that they have no access to (i.e. Mindless Junk, Admin Board, any topics in those boards), there's nothing there for them to see. Hence, "nothing you [the Guest] can see".

This kind of thing can also happen if you try to read a topic that's been deleted.

twinArmageddons said:
In that case St00ben, why does it say the same thing when a guy with a rank is looking at a secret board.
It doesn't...? People with access to special boards can still run across links to other boards/topics they don't have access to.

I would say it's something I just don't notice since I can see literally every action someone is performing when they're logged in (omg stalker), but since I have seen it happened to logged-in users, I'm inclined to think it's them running across a dead-end link.

Stooben said:
twinArmageddons said:
In that case St00ben, why does it say the same thing when a guy with a rank is looking at a secret board.
It doesn't...? People with access to special boards can still run across links to other boards/topics they don't have access to.

I would say it's something I just don't notice since I can see literally every action someone is performing when they're logged in (omg stalker), but since I have seen it happened to logged-in users, I'm inclined to think it's them running across a dead-end link.
Nonono, when a user who can't see a Secret Board looks at whosonline to see what someone who is looking at that Secret Board is doing, it says "Nothing, or nothing you can see..."

twinArmageddons said:
Nonono, when a user who can't see a Secret Board looks at whosonline to see what someone who is looking at that Secret Board is doing, it says "Nothing, or nothing you can see..."
SMF used to say "viewing an underground forum" during those circumstances, but it's possible that little detail has changed after a couple years and several dozen updates to the SMF software. So, I guess that could be true. Pretty sure it's different just about every other time, though.

Let me explain this in a more technical way. Most pages on an SMF forum has a type of coding buried in them that triggers Whosonline when you visit them. So, when you visit the Board Index, or a topic that has that "whosonline" trigger in it's coding, Whosonline updates within seconds, saying that you are currently on that page. When you go to another page on the forum, that page's "whosonline" trigger is activated, and Whosonline is updated once again with information saying what page you're on (whether it's a profile option, a topic, a board, your inbox, the help page, something in the ACP, or an add-on feature).

However, when you go to a dead-end page, that page's "whosonline" trigger is not activated properly, and for one simple reason: you did not load the actual page. Instead, you got the error message that says "you can't see this page". These error pages, along with certain SMF Mods, do not have their own trigger to be activated; instead, you are activating the trigger of the page you're trying to access, but it doesn't go through properly since you're not loading the actual page. Basically, since you're getting an error, so does Whosonline; but it's still keeping track of every link you click.

My guess is when a guest is viewing nothing they're trying to view something off-limits to them.

Stooben said:
twinArmageddons said:
SMF used to say "viewing an underground forum" during those circumstances, but it's possible that little detail has changed after a couple years and several dozen updates to the SMF software. So, I guess that could be true. Pretty sure it's different just about every other time, though.

Let me explain this in a more technical way. Most pages on an SMF forum has a type of coding buried in them that triggers Whosonline when you visit them. So, when you visit the Board Index, or a topic that has that "whosonline" trigger in it's coding, Whosonline updates within seconds, saying that you are currently on that page. When you go to another page on the forum, that page's "whosonline" trigger is activated, and Whosonline is updated once again with information saying what page you're on (whether it's a profile option, a topic, a board, your inbox, the help page, something in the ACP, or an add-on feature).

However, when you go to a dead-end page, that page's "whosonline" trigger is not activated properly, and for one simple reason: you did not load the actual page. Instead, you got the error message that says "you can't see this page". These error pages, along with certain SMF Mods, do not have their own trigger to be activated; instead, you are activating the trigger of the page you're trying to access, but it doesn't go through properly since you're not loading the actual page. Basically, since you're getting an error, so does Whosonline; but it's still keeping track of every link you click.
Actually, when that happens, it says "Unknown Action"

I have a "joke ranking", like you call it, and I don't have any other colour, and I don't have any access to an "underground board".
But if I had to, it'll be all "joke ranking"-board, but only Garlic (A Person), ToxBox (King Dedede), and I (Tech Girl) would be there.

Back