who are you and what is your purpose in life

Dodoman

King Bowser
I am Dodoman.
My purpose in life is to bring extinction and flightlessness to crime everywhere.
 

Guiliant

Shine Sprite
"Full metal Moogle"
-Me

:3
 

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
Super Yoshi10

To go on the wiki and forum.BRING THE DINOSAURS BACK FROM EXTINCTION!!!! Until then, I wanna be a paeleantologist or herpetologist.
 

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
Uniju said:
Super Yoshi10 said:
Super Yoshi10

To go on the wiki and forum.BRING THE DINOSAURS BACK FROM EXTINCTION!!!! Until then, I wanna be a paeleantologist or herpetologist.
Dinos are dead.
Deal with it, n00b.
Thats what you think :smug: there are ways of cloning them
 

Smiddle

Power Star
Mine name ist Smiddle.

Mine purpose on yonder Earth ist to spreadan the message of waffles thither man hath ever been.
 

Snack

🌻Ashita wa nanika ga kawaru ka na?
Super Yoshi10 said:
Uniju said:
Super Yoshi10 said:
Super Yoshi10

To go on the wiki and forum.BRING THE DINOSAURS BACK FROM EXTINCTION!!!! Until then, I wanna be a paeleantologist or herpetologist.
Dinos are dead.
Deal with it, n00b.
Thats what you think :smug: there are ways of cloning them
LOL, You are a Jurrasic Park fan, and don't realize the danger of cloning dinos?

Have fun kid! Just PLEASE don't fill in the gaps with frog DNA...
 

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
Uniju said:
Snack said:
Super Yoshi10 said:
Uniju said:
Super Yoshi10 said:
Super Yoshi10

To go on the wiki and forum.BRING THE DINOSAURS BACK FROM EXTINCTION!!!! Until then, I wanna be a paeleantologist or herpetologist.
Dinos are dead.
Deal with it, n00b.
Thats what you think :smug: there are ways of cloning them
LOL, You are a Jurrasic Park fan, and don't realize the danger of cloning dinos?

Have fun kid! Just PLEASE don't fill in the gaps with frog DNA...
Use common sense.

<Common_Sense> Its *BLEEP* impossible, face it.
<CrazyFanPerson> NUUUUUUUUUUU IM GONNA DO IT ANWYAY
You don't have to use amber....the dna will dry up after 10,000 years
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
I am 3dejong.

My purpose is to make people laugh, and, apparently, to make Uniju's blood pressure rise.

:P
 

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
If you wanna know people can clone dinosaurs by grinding up the dino bones and getting the amounts of DNA there.
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Super Yoshi10 said:
If you wanna know people can clone dinosaurs by grinding up the dino bones and getting the amounts of DNA there.
Why dinosaur cloning is impossible, from the Wikipedia Jurassic Park article:

In the fossilization process, molecules are altered. Nevertheless, amber is the best preservative, because organic material is preserved. But DNA cannot survive completely without gaps for tens or hundreds of millions of years.

Tens of thousands of DNA base pairs were recently sequenced from 40,000-year-old skeletal remains of cave bears without using PCR, establishing that, in principle, large-scale genomic sequencing of fossilized remains is possible. Of course, the remains used in this study are orders of magnitude younger than anything from the dinosaur era, and the technique might not extend to those creatures.

In the book the gaps in the DNA are filled by hybridizing the DNA with either bird, lizard, or frog DNA. In the movie, only frog DNA is used. This is extremely difficult, as one would need to know which dinosaur genes are homologous with frog genes. The use of frog genes was a plot device, to allow some females to change sex and breed nevertheless (although natural sex change is also possible in some more advanced vertebrates).

The next step would be bringing the DNA strands to expression. For that, one would need to inject the dinosaur DNA into the nucleus of a fertilized egg cell of a close relative of dinosaurs (birds or crocodiles, not frogs). This technique is based on reproductive cloning, which was used to clone Dolly. In the movie, ostrich eggs are used for this purpose. However, the development of an embryo is regulated by hormones in the egg/uterus and the environment. These (bird or crocodilian) hormones need to have the same effect as their original dinosaurian counterparts. For that, they have to be able to recognize particular pieces of dinosaur DNA, a currently impossible task. New research in plastics, however, has allowed for the creation of synthetic eggs to nurture embryos through their development regardless of species (this technique, or one similar to it, was used in the book). Extra hormones are needed from the original parent specimen, however, or constructed precisely from using the genome in order for the embryo to flourish.
 

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
3dejong said:
Super Yoshi10 said:
If you wanna know people can clone dinosaurs by grinding up the dino bones and getting the amounts of DNA there.
Why dinosaur cloning is impossible, from the Wikipedia Jurassic Park article:

In the fossilization process, molecules are altered. Nevertheless, amber is the best preservative, because organic material is preserved. But DNA cannot survive completely without gaps for tens or hundreds of millions of years.

Tens of thousands of DNA base pairs were recently sequenced from 40,000-year-old skeletal remains of cave bears without using PCR, establishing that, in principle, large-scale genomic sequencing of fossilized remains is possible. Of course, the remains used in this study are orders of magnitude younger than anything from the dinosaur era, and the technique might not extend to those creatures.

In the book the gaps in the DNA are filled by hybridizing the DNA with either bird, lizard, or frog DNA. In the movie, only frog DNA is used. This is extremely difficult, as one would need to know which dinosaur genes are homologous with frog genes. The use of frog genes was a plot device, to allow some females to change sex and breed nevertheless (although natural sex change is also possible in some more advanced vertebrates).

The next step would be bringing the DNA strands to expression. For that, one would need to inject the dinosaur DNA into the nucleus of a fertilized egg cell of a close relative of dinosaurs (birds or crocodiles, not frogs). This technique is based on reproductive cloning, which was used to clone Dolly. In the movie, ostrich eggs are used for this purpose. However, the development of an embryo is regulated by hormones in the egg/uterus and the environment. These (bird or crocodilian) hormones need to have the same effect as their original dinosaurian counterparts. For that, they have to be able to recognize particular pieces of dinosaur DNA, a currently impossible task. New research in plastics, however, has allowed for the creation of synthetic eggs to nurture embryos through their development regardless of species (this technique, or one similar to it, was used in the book). Extra hormones are needed from the original parent specimen, however, or constructed precisely from using the genome in order for the embryo to flourish.
Does wikipedia have dinosaur excperts :roll:
 

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
3dejong said:
I suppose YOU are a dinosaur expert?
No but in my documenturies that I recorded on foxtel IQ it says its possible
 

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
fine
 
Top