Is bumping allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like it's not allowed, but it's annoying, and the people posting these threads most likely don't return, anyway.
There was a discussion about it before: Bumping normal threads is not allowed, but bumping Forum Games and Mindless Junk is allowed.

He's asking if it's allowed or not, he's not asking permission to bump.

I don't understand why people don't PM mods for these questions. Last time I heard, bumping was okay (but discouraged) as long as you have a relevant post to make. I see a lot of threads get locked because the thread was already done. But I still think you shouldn't take my or anyone else's word for it until you get verification from a mod :/

Mason said:
I don't understand why people don't PM mods for these questions. Last time I heard, bumping was okay (but discouraged) as long as you have a relevant post to make. I see a lot of threads get locked because the thread was already done. But I still think you shouldn't take my or anyone else's word for it until you get verification from a mod :/

The Help Board exists so that people don't have to spam mods with PMs. If someone has a question, it can normally be answered very easily by non-staff members, as evidenced in this thread. If there's some kind of dispute on what the actual rule is, someone will step in, but that's not necessary in this case anyway.

Necrobumping hasn't been against the rules in a long time, but it will make you look like a fool if you do it without thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back