Which is better?

• Pie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Pie is good
Pie is yummy
Pie is yummy in my tummy

Seriously, though, I prefer cake.

Cake.

Pumpkin pie is the only good pie.

And no, I did not vote.

For polls are like these dishes.

I think I'll go with cake.

Both are equally delicious, but I voted Pie for some weird reasons.

CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna have to go with cake, and I'll tell you why.
Cake has a fluffy consistency, unlike pie, which has a hard crust. Pie is much messier than cake, due to the filling having no support other than the crust, which doesn't do much good once the pie has been cut. And, though tasty, cake has more flavor because the 'devil's food cake', which is very commonly used in cake, has flavor, like vanilla or chocolate. Pie crust, on the other hand, is just a hard, flaky bread that covers the filling. The filling in the pie is the only advantage for pie, and even then, the frosting or ice cream used in cake beats pie filling, and here is why: Frosting and ice cream are liked by almost everyone, however pie filling isn't. For example, I only like pumpkin pie, though I have liked almost every cake I've tried.

I am LuigiMan: Cake Master...

No, this is how you do it.
OMGWTFZ0RZ TEH CAKE IS TEH PWNS PIE!!!!DIEPIE!LOLZIAHETJ00

Anyway, only pies that I like are lemon pie and apple pie.
I like almost every cake. Except those with carrot *shudder*

LuigiMan said:
Cake has a fluffy consistency, unlike pie, which has a hard crust. Pie is much messier than cake, due to the filling having no support other than the crust, which doesn't do much good once the pie has been cut. And, though tasty, cake has more flavor because the 'devil's food cake', which is very commonly used in cake, has flavor, like vanilla or chocolate. Pie crust, on the other hand, is just a hard, flaky bread that covers the filling. The filling in the pie is the only advantage for pie, and even then, the frosting or ice cream used in cake beats pie filling, and here is why: Frosting and ice cream are liked by almost everyone, however pie filling isn't. For example, I only like pumpkin pie, though I have liked almost every cake I've tried.

That's my opinion to a tee.

Maka said:
LuigiMan said:

That's my opinion to a tee.

Shit I changed my mind I prefer pie! Also holy shit we sure did know how to shitpost back in the day.

I don't know what I said the last time I was in this thread but I find it to be quite a difficult question this time around.

My first thought is that not all pie is sweet- some of my favourite pies are savory(chicken pot pie, turkey pot pie). But does a greater range of possible flavours necessarily make pie better than cake? And for that matter, is cornbread technically a cake? Because that is almost always savory. I suppose a cake could technically be savory too anyway so that isn't really something I can take into account. Let's look at the fundamentals here- what are cakes and what are pies?

Cakes are fluffy soft things and pies are really just whatever you want to stick in a delicious flakey pie crust. Come to think of it, you could make a cake pie if you wanted. So pie is pretty clearly more versatile than cake. My father has struggled his entire life to fullfill his dream of making a chicken flavoured cake, while I've already eaten chicken flavoured pies many, many times(and I hope I will continue to do so). But again, does versatility really equate to quality? I don't know about you, but I'd say it does- because embodying all of the best flavours there are requires versatility. You can make a pork pie, and a maple walnut pie, etc. but your choices for cakes are much more limited.

I'm not denying the allure of the fluffy softness of cakes or anything, but the crispy flakiness of pie curst is definitely atleast as good as it on top of the aforementioned advantage of versatility. Cake will always have it's place on birthdays, but I have to say pie is pretty clearly objectively superior.

Cake. I dislike pie for some reason. Perhaps it is the crusty crusty crust. Except turtle pie. That stuff is like a candy shop went into a supernova and exploded then collapsed on itself in a black hole of deliciousness.

Back