Pokemon Yellow Team Suggesstions

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Yeah. I've finally decided to play my Pokemon Yellow after who knows how long. Anyway, I need help deciding my team for Yellow.

I've already decided to put the following on my team:
1. Pikachu (obviously)
2. Charmander
3. Bulbasaur (BTW, could someone tall me how to get Bulbasaur? I know it's in Cerulean City, but I have no idea how to get it.)
4. Squirtle

I still need 2 Pokemon. I'd like Pokemon that can hit hard and fast (kind of like a ninja). It would also help if they were diffrent types than the ones I already have and maybe cover weaknesses the 4 pre-decided PKMN already have. Can anybody recommend any PKMN that fit the bill? Oh, and I also need a name for my rival.

Bulbasuar can be found at a house I think in Cerulean City.

I recommend Ninetales and a name for your rival could be Blue or Green or even Red under the strangest circumstances.

Also the Eeveeloution your rival gets depends on the wins and loses against him.

If the you beat the rival at both Oak's Lab and the early optional battle at Route 22, Eevee evolves into Jolteon. I got this one.

If the you lose one of these two battles or passes up the Route 22 battle, Eevee evolves into Flareon. HAHAHAHA. I recommend this one because of its fail stats.

If the you lose at Professor Oak's Lab, and loses the Route 22 battle or you don't attempt it at all, Eevee evolves into Vaporeon. Vaporeon is my fave Eeveeloution.

You have to make Pikachu like you and then she'll give it to you. Also have you done the dig TM thing yet? (Robbery at a guy's house.)

You can get Bulbasaur once you make Pikachu's happiness higher. If you are looking for suggestions for a team, perhaps you can add an Eevee evolution?

Propeller Toad said:
You can get Bulbasaur once you make Pikachu's happiness higher. If you are looking for suggestions for a team, perhaps you can add an Eevee evolution?

I do like the Eevee evolutions but all 3 of the originals already share a type with the Pokemon I plan on using

Flareon/Charmander=Fire
Vaporeon/Squirtle=Water
Jolteon/Pikachu=Electric

I suppose Jolteon could be used as a back-up electric type just in case Pikachu faints.

^Ah yes I forgot about that issue. I guess Jolteon would probably be the best choice considering that the starters are more capable than Pikachu. However, this is your team and your choice so you can make the calls. ;)

Actually you have to beat the Nugget Bridge, obtain the dig TM and return to the woman and she'll give it to you. Also I recommend Aerodactyl for hard hits.

If you have another first or second gen game and a link cable, I recommend trading your Pikachu and evolving it, then trading it back. It won't be as awesome since he won't follow you any more, but at least your stats won't suck as much. Just make sure he learns all his good moves first.

Unfortunatley, I don't have a link cable. I may have to grind with Pikachu.

Anyway, I beat Blue/Gary in both Oak's lab and Route 22, so his Eevee's gonna evolve into Jolteon. I'm thinking about using Diglett/Dugtrio.

Also, I'm (temporarily) using Manky against Brock. Once I get Brock's Boulder badge, I'll be putting Mankey away.

For a speed maniac you need Electrode.
For pure strategy you should get Ninetales. (Poison,confusion etc.)
For cheapness bring in Venusaur and put Toxic and Leech Seed together.

Nidoking was always a nice addition to my teams as he learns ground, poison, and fighting type moves. However, it seems that you already covered ground type here. Perhaps a regular flying type like Fearow in case you decide to make Charizard more of a fire type than flying?

Aqua Soul said:
I just got Bulbasaur and Charmander. ^_^
If you on your team I would Charmander teach it a good Fire type move that a Charizard would use unless you really want to keep Ember with you until like level 30.

Bulbasaur is awesome. Its just so cute and defensive with great special attack.

I need a little help. My Charmeleon is probably my weakest Pokemon right now in terms of moveset.

Rage
Ember
Dig
Leer

Dig is a good move
Rage is okay.
Ember is very weak.

Any advice for making Charmeleon stronger?

MANKY
He'll be really good for the first gym and it'll turn in to Primeape Which is a really good pokemon

Aqua Soul said:
Unfortunatley, I don't have a link cable.
Yoshiwalker said:
It's better to have a Machamp than a Primape.
As Machamp maybe better ,but superjeff64 doesn't have a link cable.

For a fighting type I recommend Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan.

But if superjeff64 wants a Machamp he can get one through an ingame trade named RICKY for a Cubone.

Here's my current team:

1. Pikachu (28)
2. Charmeleon (30)
3. Ivysaur (24)
4. Wartortle (24)
5. Dugtrio (28)

I mainly used Dugtrio for the Vermillion Gym, I'm still pondering if I should keep it on my team.

Back