Windows 8 ALREADY!?!?!?!?

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Already!?!?!?!?
I just found out.
Source: http://www.apple.com/macosx/

I'm a window freak and I've used it all my life. I don't know how it will work with the new design

There were some Milestones available for developers (a friend of mine is a Windows developer), but these looked like slightly edited versions of Windows 7.
The new interface looks more like Windows Phone 7, and it's for Tablets only (the desktop will keep it's usual design).

YamiHoshi.nl said:
There were some Milestones available for developers (a friend of mine is a Windows developer), but these looked like slightly edited versions of Windows 7.
The new interface looks more like Windows Phone 7, and it's for Tablets only (the desktop will keep it's usual design).
If you see the video it says it's great with the mouse and keyboard . So I'm thinking they'll use the same design far everything, including laptops and desktops

I even obtained an ISO from him, it's the Milestone 1.
That looks like an edited version of Windows 7.

Oh well, Windows 7 looked like a small edit of Windows Vista too, when it was in very early development (far before it was actually announced).

Bump:

Actually, it's nearly the same interface as in Windows Phone 7 and 7.5.

You did, now I'll kill you for that!
Just kidding.

I don't mind that, as it's only free advertising for us, and free information for them.

But it actually works really snappy on my MacBook Pro.
I start liking the new Metro UI in Windows 8, as it brings the traditional desktop, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, RSS Feeds, Weather information, and Store* into 1 central point.
The normal desktop is still available, which looks like Windows 7, but it's actually used to run Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP Apps.
The funniest part is, there's also a "16-bit Mode" in the traditional Control Panel.

* = Store is unreachable in Developer Preview, and therefore it says "Coming Soon" if you enter the Store.
Also, the Dutch language is not integrated yet, but ironically, Japanese is.

Well you wait for the release and buy it. Or wait for a leaked version and pirate it.

>>Herr Shyguy
That was when I used Milestone 1.
Now with Developer Preview, you can simply switch.
The new UI is nothing more than a Start Menu, with Windows Phone-like Applications.
But you can still use Windows 7 Apps on it.

Wayward Vagabond said:
I'm a window freak and I've used it all my life. I don't know how it will work with the new design

I've used windows my whole life too. I've even used doors on occasion.

I've never used any windows, I'm always walking through walls, like these guys do:
brickwall1.jpg

Back