Luigi Time!

This user has been bumping old topics, and saying really dumb things where he's not supposed to. Yami, I, and some other mods have been telling him to stop this. I think he should be warned about his behavior, and if it doesn't stop, a possible ban.

Keep in mind that I (and most likely you) are no Moderators, so we can't do more than reporting and locking own threads.
But I agree about that, he makes me guess he's human or not, actually.

ToxicBox said:
What about to lock the thread after 3 months with no posts?
They shouldn't have to, and certain threads can probably be bumped if there's something important to add. It looks like he's banned, and I'm getting annoyed that people need to publicly ask the mods to handle things. Do they PM the admins and they say "no" to them? I doubt it. That's what the report function is for.

Ice Cream Cone said:
Yami, I, and some other mods have been telling him to stop this.
You and Yami aren't mods. What do you mean "other mods"?

Oh and in closing I'll say I guess it's seeming like I'm mini-modding or backseat modding but I'm not trying to. Sorry if I seem like a hypocrite. People should let the real mods do their jobs.

Pansear said:
ToxicBox said:
What about to lock the thread after 3 months with no posts?
They shouldn't have to, and certain threads can probably be bumped if there's something important to add. It looks like he's banned, and I'm getting annoyed that people need to publicly ask the mods to handle things. Do they PM the admins and they say "no" to them? I doubt it. That's what the report function is for.

Ice Cream Cone said:
Yami, I, and some other mods have been telling him to stop this.
You and Yami aren't mods. What do you mean "other mods"?

Oh and in closing I'll say I guess it's seeming like I'm mini-modding or backseat modding but I'm not trying to. Sorry if I seem like a hypocrite. People should let the real mods do their jobs.
Like I said somewhere else, the first mod who comes online after someone reports a post sees that post and immediately acts on it; if it is delete-worthy, they delete it, if it is in the wrong board, they move it. But if it is something that isn't surefire ban-worthy, we have to discuss it.

So don't expect us to ban a user just because his posts have been reported; things like this take time.

Woah, for the record I wasn't trying to say mods were doing it too slow. I was trying to say users should stop incessantly pestering mods.

Unless you knew that. Sorry.

One more this Mason, I think bumping should only be allowed, if the bumper posts something relevant to the thread, that isn't spam (like "This is cool!").

Pansear said:
Woah, for the record I wasn't trying to say mods were doing it too slow. I was trying to say users should stop incessantly pestering mods.

Unless you knew that. Sorry.
Eeeeek

I think my comment was taken in the wrong way.

I wasn't commenting at anyone, I was just pointing out the difficulties that the mods face when banning people.

He is now banned from the site.

>>New Super Yoshi
Congrats on being late, as that was said at night, like Zoroark already pointed it out.

Back