• Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Toad85 said:
I'm not going to be a jerk or anything like you said. In fact, I quite enjoyed it and consider it one of my favorite episodes from Season 2.

But just because it's fun shit doesn't mean there's still not shit. And just because I love the episode doesn't mean I can't tear it apart and analyze its (many) flaws.

Think one of NC's positive reviews, like Conan the Barbarian or his commentaries on Sonic SatAm.

Ah ok, it's just most of the NC's reviews are criticizing bad movies. So when someone says they're doing a Nostalgia Critic like review I think the consensus is that everyone will think it will be heavily critical. That was just my thinking when you said that.

Welcome Hinata, and you're in good company it seems. Fluttershy seems to be the most popular pony in terms of the fans here. My favorite is Twilight. But Fluttershy's the closest to being my 2nd fave.

Northern Verve said:
Welcome Hinata, and you're in good company it seems. Fluttershy seems to be the most popular pony in terms of the fans here. My favorite is Twilight. But Fluttershy's the closest to being my 2nd fave.
Twilight's my second favorite.

hinata2000100 said:
Northern Verve said:
Anyway welcome. Do you have any particular favorite episodes?
Hurricane Fluttershy is obvious....
The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 I particularly enjoyed...

Sweet those were 2 of my favorites from Season 2. Hurricane Fluttershy in particular I think could be considered for Top 5 of the entire show so far.

Northern Verve said:
hinata2000100 said:
Northern Verve said:
Anyway welcome. Do you have any particular favorite episodes?
Hurricane Fluttershy is obvious....
The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 I particularly enjoyed...

Sweet those were 2 of my favorites from Season 2. Hurricane Fluttershy in particular I think could be considered for Top 5 of the entire show so far.
Great minds think alike, I suppose. :posh:

I dunno. Hurricane Fluttershy, to me, seemed little more than a more polished version of Dragonshy, with a different fear. I really think the writers could have done a little more to differentiate it from the "deep fear, overcome at end" trope. Also, I can't really overlook the fact that Spitfire did absolutely nothing.

SSCS6K I can agree on, though.

Personally, my favorite episode this season is It's About Time. In fact, it tops my list of all-time MLP episodes. In fact, it makes its way into the top 5 of my list of every episode of everything I've ever watched.

Toad85 said:
Also, I can't really overlook the fact that Spitfire did absolutely nothing.
But she was just there to oversee the record attempt. She had no obligation to help.

Yeah, but when you realize that the weather of all of Equestria depended on that, you would think one would be more willing to help.

Toad85 said:
Personally, my favorite episode this season is It's About Time. In fact, it tops my list of all-time MLP episodes. In fact, it makes its way into the top 5 of my list of every episode of everything I've ever watched.
Yeah, I remember you loving that.

Weren't you mad when you didn't see Future! Twilight in the next episode, Dragon Quest?

As you probably all know by now, my favorite episode is still Party of One. Of course there's the superficial reasons; Pinkie Pie going insane and talking to inanimate objects, the chase scene, and of course, Gummy in a tuxedo. However, I find it to be a fine introspection to a character who had only two other episodes of her own in that season (which she shared with Dash and Twilight, respectively). Though I wouldn't say she's hiding her true self, it's clear that she strives for happiness and acceptance using parties (which was sort of implied in Cutie Mark Chronicles), and is a pony who is very used to constantly gaining that acceptance. Therefore, she has serious trouble dealing with her friends not wanting to go to the after-birthday party, perceiving it as them shunning her. Also, it had Gummy in a tuxedo.

Verve might be happy about this one: I rewatched A Canterlot Wedding today, and in hindsight, I was too harsh on it; maybe I set my expectations too high. Do I still think that Shining Armor and Cadence were underdeveloped? Yeah, I guess. But the finale has so much more to offer; some great songs, a cool villain, a cameo from practically every character in the series (except Gummy :P), and plenty of humor; I particularly liked Spike's playing with the figurines and Pinkie sneezing confetti. It's not among my favorites, but it's pretty solid overall.

Minuette said:
Toad85 said:

Weren't you mad when you didn't see Future! Twilight in the next episode, Dragon Quest?
Yeah.

It kind of pissed me off that they just handwaved Twi's injuries in It's About Time. I mean, I guess you could write off that she fixed her hair, ditched the jumpsuit, and waited for her head and eye injuries to heal, but the show didn't even do that. I think I've said it before, but I'm pretty OCD when it comes to continuity and timelines, so to have her return to normal so quickly with no explanation as to why was very upsetting to me.

Toad85 said:
Minuette said:
Toad85 said:

Yeah.

It kind of pissed me off that they just handwaved Twi's injuries in It's About Time. I mean, I guess you could write off that she fixed her hair, ditched the jumpsuit, and waited for her head and eye injuries to heal, but the show didn't even do that. I think I've said it before, but I'm pretty OCD when it comes to continuity and timelines, so to have her return to normal so quickly with no explanation as to why was very upsetting to me.
Well, it's not like Dragon Quest comes right after It's About Time. It could have been a week, or even a month.

Minuette said:
Toad85 said:
Minuette said:
Toad85 said:

Yeah.

Well, it's not like Dragon Quest comes right after It's About Time. It could have been a week, or even a month.

I still wanted some kind of explanation, from either It's About Time or Dragon Quest.

I found this video of one PaleoSteno, co-host of Brony Breakdown and co-producer of the Brony documentary, The Brony Chronicles, reading an article about the mantra, "love and tolerance".

http://www.mlponies.com/2012/06/20/love-tolerance-and-other-myths/

*Note: PaleoSteno is merely reading the article, and thus, the article might not express his beliefs on the show or "love and tolerance" as a whole

I love this article because it addresses the idea that people mistake the "love and tolerance" meme seen throughout the Brony fandom as something taught by the show, when in reality, it isn't. Episode like Griffon the Brush Off, Boast Busters, The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well, and Putting Your Hoof Down are proof of that! It makes me wonder why we preach it, especially since at least half of the fandom doesn't follow it. But then again, I never really saw the Brony fandom as "united" on anything, even love for this show, seeing as there are fans who are only fans BECAUSE of the fan-made material...

But by far, my FAVORITE part of this article was this:
The self-improvement nature of the show gives kids the measuring sticks against which to judge themselves and the tools by which they can improve, and it casts those newcomers—like Gilda and Trixie—who don’t measure up, or who don’t agree to even try, as the forces of villainy, not poor misunderstood souls who just need to be given a chance.

OOOOOOH, this guy TOTALLY BURNED Trixie fans! XD

Gummy said:
Not really. Trixie fans like her because she's an antagonist.
HA, if only. You'd be surprised how so many people INSIST that she's just a performer and that she only does what she does for the entertainment of the audience, instead of putting down everyone and stroking her own ego.

Smashgoom202 said:
I found this video of one PaleoSteno, co-host of Brony Breakdown and co-producer of the Brony documentary, The Brony Chronicles, reading an article about the mantra, "love and tolerance".

http://www.mlponies.com/2012/06/20/love-tolerance-and-other-myths/

*Note: PaleoSteno is merely reading the article, and thus, the article might not express his beliefs on the show or "love and tolerance" as a whole

I love this article because it addresses the idea that people mistake the "love and tolerance" meme seen throughout the Brony fandom as something taught by the show, when in reality, it isn't. Episode like Griffon the Brush Off, Boast Busters, The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well, and Putting Your Hoof Down are proof of that! It makes me wonder why we preach it, especially since at least half of the fandom doesn't follow it. But then again, I never really saw the Brony fandom as "united" on anything, even love for this show, seeing as there are fans who are only fans BECAUSE of the fan-made material...

But by far, my FAVORITE part of this article was this:
The self-improvement nature of the show gives kids the measuring sticks against which to judge themselves and the tools by which they can improve, and it casts those newcomers—like Gilda and Trixie—who don’t measure up, or who don’t agree to even try, as the forces of villainy, not poor misunderstood souls who just need to be given a chance.

OOOOOOH, this guy TOTALLY BURNED Trixie fans! XD

I stopped at around about 1 minute. I just can't listen to an American voice like that for 14 minutes. :(

Kingbowser99 said:
Smashgoom202 said:

I stopped at around about 1 minute. I just can't listen to an American voice like that for 14 minutes. :(

If you could imagine an even more nasally high-pitched voice with a slight New Jersey accent, that's pretty much what I sound like.

Sorry in advance if you ever have to listen to me.

Back