• Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Northern Verve said:
holy fucking shit YES THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING SOMEMONE PINCH ME.

Remember CR!? He did episode reviews on MLP:FiM, first with The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, then The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well. Now, he reviews Swarm of the Century:

http://blip.tv/familiar-faces/reviews-are-magic-swarm-of-the-century-6134301

First off, let me just say that I did NOT care for that episode, so I'm curious to see what HIS take on it is...

rolf "Secret but fun!" I could listen to that over and over! XD

Tribbles, huh? I was thinking more of Gremlins myself, but yeah, that works, too.

I can tell, CR! TOTALLY animated that "microwaved Parasprite" scene himself. He's just that good.

Yeah, CR! said it perfectly, and THIS is the reason why I don't like this episode: Pinkie Pie does NOTHING, N-O-T-H-I-N-G to explain how or why gathering a bunch of instruments will help... And again, this is another problem I have with Pinkie Pie, or episode centered around her, it's that usually things turn out alright for her, even though she SHOULD know better. Also, her episodes seem to rely on blind faith in your friends (Feeling Pinkie Keen... ugh, I think I almost spat BLOOD when I wrote that!) rather than reaching an understanding. It also happens in reverse with Party of One, wherein Pinkie Pie gets suspicious of her friends, but learns they're just throwing a surprise party for her, and the lesson is to always assume your friends have your best interests at heart. And I can't bring myself to like that episode, because Pinkie Pie just looked so heart-broken and distraught at the idea that her friends are keeping something from her, I feel like she was right in her mind not to go along with them when they finally wanted to bring her to the barn! I mean, I guess assuming that her friends were all lying to her and avoiding her because they don't like her parties and don't want to be her friends anymore was going to far, but really, that whole episode just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Okay, sorry for that rant, but I felt like I needed to get that out of the way.

Yeah, that IS the major problem with this series, as CR! said. People either say something or don't clarify something and people misinterpret it and jump to conclusion rather then finding out what's what. That CAN get annoying...

Yeah... Who wrote this again? Who decided Celestia should say that? Didn't they think that someone that old and that all-knowing should know what a Parasprite is or what it would MEAN?

Eh, whatever, nice review overall, glad to see CR! is still doing these.

Big coincidence that I got to that episode in the Comparisons then xP

Though to be fair on one thing...

Smashgoom202 said:
Yeah... Who wrote this again? Who decided Celestia should say that? Didn't they think that someone that old and that all-knowing should know what a Parasprite is or what it would MEAN?

To be fair, although we know Celestia has lived long it seems even she doesn't know everything. I don't think she knew anything about the changelings until Cadance told everyone about them, or Dragons for that matter if there was no known information placed by Ponies.

And M.A. Larson wrote the episode (In fact it was his first). He's done some fan favorites like Sonic Rainboom, Cutie Mark Chronicles, and the Return of Harmony 2-parter.

Don't forget the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000. He wrote that, it was brilliant.

Toad85 said:
Fluttershy is afraid of doing something, gets ridiculed by one character (RD in Dragonshy, Spike in Hurricane), tries unsuccessfully to confront her fear, pretty much gives up towards the end of the episode, some plot device happens that makes it so Flutter absolutely has to do the thing she's afraid of, she does it successfully, and is praised.
Lolwut? Pay attention - Flutters is completely psyched out by Flitter and Cloud Chaser casually laughing.

Wayoshi said:
Toad85 said:
Fluttershy is afraid of doing something, gets ridiculed by one character (RD in Dragonshy, Spike in Hurricane), tries unsuccessfully to confront her fear, pretty much gives up towards the end of the episode, some plot device happens that makes it so Flutter absolutely has to do the thing she's afraid of, she does it successfully, and is praised.
Lolwut? Pay attention - Flutters is completely psyched out by Flitter and Cloud Chaser casually laughing.

That's... kinda why I posed the bolded part.

^Yes.

^^There is so much effort put into it (EYES, crying scene(s)) that you get the idea she has PTSD or something. She feels like she's ridiculed by all.

SonicMario posted the "Massive Smile Project" earlier, and here's the completed music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaG-JijAr-c

So many bronies singing! I wish I could donate. :(
And if you want to donate, here's the link:

http://www.betterplace.org/en/groups/seeds-of-kindness

Wayoshi said:
^^There is so much effort put into it (EYES, crying scene(s)) that you get the idea she has PTSD or something. She feels like she's ridiculed by all.
Again, that's pretty much the same thing as being "afraid."

I was watching this interview with Hey Ocean!, and this question came up at 5:58...

So apparently, one of the band members likes the show, but is more of a fan of the Bronies themselves then the show. This is surprisingly common in the Brony community. He makes up a term, calling himself a "Bro-Brony", because he's a fan of the fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Therefore, from now on, anyone who likes the fandom but not the actual show is called a Bro-Brony. That'll clear things up, I'm spreading the word.

John de Lancie plans to make a documentary about Bronies!

Funny how he went from "where did all these e-mails come from" to "I'm making a documentary about these awesome, unfairly treated fans"!

Smashgoom202 said:
I was watching this interview with Hey Ocean!, and this question came up at 5:58...

So apparently, one of the band members likes the show, but is more of a fan of the Bronies themselves then the show. This is surprisingly common in the Brony community. He makes up a term, calling himself a "Bro-Brony", because he's a fan of the fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Therefore, from now on, anyone who likes the fandom but not the actual show is called a Bro-Brony. That'll clear things up, I'm spreading the word.
That's strange and unique on so many different levels.

Now THIS is cool

I now have full respect for John DeLancie. Not only has he voiced Discord but now he's helping spread the word. He believes that the Media has not treated Bronies fairly enough and is doing a documentary while getting footage at the Bronycon that will take place in the Summer.

It sure sounds like something to look forward to.

The site here has a message from John and the other Excecutive Producer for it.

$60,000 is steep. But considering This fandom has forked over hundred of thousands of dollars for fanmade plushies, charity, and sketches from Lauren Faust herself. I think it's possible.

Forget major civil rights issues like gay marriage, feminism and the occupy movements.

Bronies being "mistreated". That's what we need to raise awareness of!

Why, what are we doing that's so wrong? Stating our thoughts on the matter? I see no rule against that.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Why, what are we doing that's so wrong? Stating our thoughts on the matter? I see no rule against that.
You're coming into a thread about My Little Pony to say that bronies should be mistreated. You don't seem anything wrong with that?

I am saying bronies aren't mistreated, at least not enough to warrant this documentary. I said nothing that could even imply I want bronies to be "mistreated", considering many of my closest friends are bronies, and all those friends feel their kind is not some oppressed minority desperately seeking approval from the masses.

In short, this documentary and the purpose behind it is melodramatic and a waste of money, and I see no reason for it to exist. This is not an attack against bronies, it is an attack against the sheer inanity of this documentary.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Forget major civil rights issues like gay marriage, feminism and the occupy movements.

Bronies being "mistreated". That's what we need to raise awareness of!
Oh geez, when you put it like THAT... :mad:

Seriously, though, there are PLENTY of people being poorly mistreated and need help. But they already have movies and media support, too. Perhaps being verbally abused over the Internet and by FOX News and Republicans and overly-masculine self-righteous a-holes might not SEEM that harsh in comparison, but it's STILL a nice gesture to try and produce a documentary, with a (sort of) big-name attached to it, to help people come to an understanding about why we like the show.

Not that it'll help, since CLEARLY the people who have been making fun of use barely do ANY research at all and only serve to make themselves somehow feel better about themselves despite being so shallow-minded.

Edit: "Not enough to warrant this documentary". You don't even know what the documentary's going to be about, or what the content is. Besides, who are you to question why someone wants to get a film off the ground? Personally, I can understand the passion and drive of wanting to get a message or story out there, and the dedication and work it takes to get to that point, regardless of what the actual movie/documentary might be. Clearly, John de Lancie, who went from not knowing nor caring about Bronies to thinking they're awesome, feels like their side of the story isn't being spoken loud enough, especially considering all the talented Bronies who make awesome fan content.

You know the only people who watch this documentary are going to be the people who are already open-minded about bronies. Just saying.

Back