Super Mario Future

Master Dimentio

Cheep Cheep
Story
Prologue
Mario and Luigi are going to Princess Peach's Castle to become honorary "knights" of the Mushroom Kingdom. As they're heading through the gardens, Toadsworth rushes in and introduces Mario to his grandson, Toadicus, who worships Mario. Toadicus asks Mario to show him how to fight, but Toadsworth tells Toadicus that he won't let him get into a fight, even if it's friendly. Toadicus asks if he could just watch Mario and Luigi fight, and learn about fighting that way. Toadsworth begins to argue, but Mario nods yes, and he and Luigi fight (Tutorial battle is initiated). After the fight, Mario and Luigi are told to come inside, and Toadsworth takes Toadicus inside. Mario and Luigi follow, and as the ceremony begins to take place, a crash comes from the garden, knocking Mario and Luigi down. Toadsworth, who is busy holding down Toadicus, asks Mario and Luigi to go see what it was. Princess Peach goes with them, despite Toadsworth yelling for her to come back. Outside, they see a strange machine standing in the middle of the garden. A door on the machine opens, and out comes a male human. The man begins to introduce himself, "Hello. My name is-" but the machine he'd come out of begins to shake. He turns around, and the machine explodes, engulfing everyone around it (including Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and the man).

To summarize what happens afterwords, Mario finds himself in the future, when Bowser Jr. rules almost all of the Mushroom World, with the Koopalings as his second-in-commands. The strange man is E.Gadd Jr., who went to the past to get Mario to save the future.

Characters
  • Mario (Young)
  • Luigi (Young)
  • Bowser (Old)
  • Bowser Jr. (Old)
  • Princess Peach (Young)
  • Luigi (Old)
  • Princess Peach (Old)
  • Koopalings (Old)

Credits
  • Nintendo
  • Kaptain J
  • Pie4ever0

Team Members
Story Writers:
[Kaptain J]
[Pie4ever0]

Scripters:
[Zetu]

This game is currently in the discussion stage. I have another (non Mario) project that I'm currently putting most of my effort into, but Kaptain J and I are still fresh to the brim with ideas.

Make more what? Chapters?

Which language would you use?
If you'll do Java or Python, then everyone can enjoy your game.

I'm using RPGMakerVX. It makes games and is highly customizable if you know how to make scripts for it.

That's not really a programming language (scripting isn't neither), but I think you'll make it.
But RPG Maker, that makes Windows-only games, I suppose?
Then it's about time to reuse my virtual machines.

Windows-Only? RPGMakerVX works for any browser. You just download it and it opens up in a new window whenever you click it.

Also, here are a few things I didn't mention in the Original Post:
1. The fight scenarios combine elements from PM and M&L fights.
2. Mario has Partners in this game.
3. You collect Shine Sprites to advance.

In a browser?
I didn't know there was a browser version of RPG Maker.

Did I give you the idea that you could have RPGMakerVX in a tab inside a window? Because that's not what I meant. For example; have you ever gone on Newgrounds and clicked the "Pop-Out" button for a flash? The pop-up looks kind of like that, only it's much smaller, has no address bar, and the game takes up the entire window.

Yes, it's made in JavaScript, in an HTML page.
Don't ask me how, but maybe this is a good resource:
http://w3schools.com/jsref/obj_window.asp

I'm currently writing Chapter 1 (with help from Kaptain J) over on a secret forum. If you want to help write it, PM me with reasons as to why you would make a valuable member of the team.

Back