Portal discussion (warning: spoilers)

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
A continuation of a discussion 2257 and I had on chat previously. This thread will contain spoilers, so don't read if you plan on playing/haven't finished the game.

@2257

You know, I was thinking about the Chell being Cave and Caroline's daughter theory along with the age contradiction. Chell was in stasis at the beginning of Portal 2 so she hasn't aged since however many years. Do you think that possibly the chamber she was in the beginning of Portal also had her in stasis so she wouldn't age? If that's the case, Chell could even have been the one that made the science project for "Bring your daughter to work day" (her being the daughter of an Aperture Employee - Cave Johnson), and still correspond with her being so young in Portal.

I'm not saying I'm sold on the theory, but if that relaxation chamber worked the way I think it does, then it could be a plausible theory.

I've thought about that too. Heck, it could mean that Chell is actually Caroline.

That's one hell of a bump there. One of the great mysteries of the universe will always be how noobs keep finding these way dead threads that have to be buried under like 5 pages.

Oh man, I never even noticed this thread before.

nabber said:
I've thought about that too. Heck, it could mean that Chell is actually Caroline.

wait

what

isn't it basically outright stated that caroline is glados?

terminallyCapricious said:
nabber said:

wait

what

But caroline could also be Chell.

terminallyCapricious said:
nabber said:

wait

what

It's implied but never really comfirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB6t6nmaiw8 This is in Chapter 5 of Portal 2, when they look at abandoned "Bring Your Daughter To Work Day" projects. (I think.)

GutsehMan said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB6t6nmaiw8 This is in Chapter 5 of Portal 2, when they look at abandoned "Bring Your Daughter To Work Day" projects. (I think.)
Yeah, I saw that. All it really says though is that Chell's parents worked at Aperture Science.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3cJ0WDlfks&feature=related
Fact core quotes.

I have one thing to say...

Since Valve can't count to three from what I've heard, might the next game be a prequel?

Also, Portal 2 is the first Valve game I've played. I'm always late with these things.

Milk Guy said:
I have one thing to say...

Since Valve can't count to three from what I've heard, might the next game be a prequel?

Also, Portal 2 is the first Valve game I've played. I'm always late with these things.

It's also my first Valve game.
Portal 2 was originally going to be a prequel about Aperture Science and didn't use the Portal mechanism. So Valve still has their "new" concept if they ever feel like using it.

Back