Angry Sun [Fan-Game] "Dangery Run from the Angry Sun"

Kyoko Sakura

Celestial Guide
2.9 MB

I was in a game contest somewhere where we had to see who can make the best mini-game in 24 hours. We didn't get the theme until the last minute and the theme was the Angry Sun. I programmed mine in Game Maker 8.

The game stars Waluigi, who Francis has chosen to torture for some reason. Here's the threatening part: Francis has gained control over the Angry Sun.

The object of the game is to get a high score. Being hurt by the Angry Sun or Francis causes you to lose points, and you lose a higher amount every time you get hit. In other words, you don't die. Yellow, red and blue coins are seen flying through the sky, which are worth 1000, 2000 and 5000 extra points. Once the timer is up, a brief cut scene is shown and you can enter your high score to the high score table. Let's get to the good part: the controls. They're quite simple, actually. You'll only be using 3 keys.

Controls
Code:
Move: Left/Right Arrow Keys
Jump:  Up Arrow Key, Shift, Control, Z or X. All do the same thing.
F4: Full Screen
F1: CREDITS. Very important!!!

Re: ​Angry Sun [Fan-Game!]​ "Dangery Run from the Angry Sun"

I'm gonna play it once it's done downloading. I'll give you feedback then. And also, sign up for my game!

EDIT: Just played it. I got 43200 or something. Maybe one less Zero I don't remember, but I'm the number one scorerer so far! I had a lot of fun with it. It was fun trying to dodge the fire, while still trying to get coins, by jumping them. Also every time Francis sticks his tongue out to attack you, I always lose on that part. Except for once. Pretty Fun Mason. Good Job.

2 questions
1)Is it like the app angry birds?
2)OR is it like the flash game Angry Sun

New Super Mario said:
I'm gonna play it once it's done downloading. I'll give you feedback then. And also, sign up for my game!

EDIT: Just played it. I got 43200 or something. Maybe one less Zero I don't remember, but I'm the number one scorerer so far! I had a lot of fun with it. It was fun trying to dodge the fire, while still trying to get coins, by jumping them. Also every time Francis sticks his tongue out to attack you, I always lose on that part. Except for once. Pretty Fun Mason. Good Job.
Thanks, NSM! I think you mean "maybe one less digit."

Link said:
2 questions
2)OR is it like the flash game Angry Sun
Well, hopefully it's not "like" anything. It's an EXE file and I made it. Here's an overdue screenshot.

vSs5n.png

That game is super fun.
I got 60200

There's an infinite score glitch. I'll update the first post when I upload the fixed EXE. I can't fix it for two days because they're already voting and it's unfair to modify it.

Archmage Mason said:
There's an infinite score glitch. I'll update the first post when I upload the fixed EXE. I can't fix it for two days because they're already voting and it's unfair to modify it.
Where do I vote?
I will vote for your game.

carcinoGeneticist said:
Archmage Mason said:
Where do I vote?
I will vote for your game.
You can't. I'm already winning and if anyone from here tried to vote for it, it would make me look REALLY bad. Don't.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I placed first so they gave me a nice badge on their forum (it looks like
iTEgw.png
that.)

I also updated it (after voting was over of course) to fix the high score glitch. I also fixed a few other tiny things to polish it up a bit. Now it's available for download on MFGG! Check the original post for the link to my game's page.

Link said:
Let's all take a moment to reflect on how much you didn't read the opening post.

Back