Fanart, and fanart-ness

TwilaTheSun

Simply because... This thread needs moar arts.
Anyways, this is one of the last deviations i had uploaded on my old account. A doodle of Dedede while i was on a Machigerita-P binge from listening to one of his songs.
Just_Dedede_by_asphinctersezwhat.jpg

Here's the first deviation i uploaded on my current account. Brighton and Twila (The hosts from MP6) as a couple of toads.
Stuck_in_Andromeda_by_TheRedYoshi.jpg

And last, another picture from one of my Machigerita binges. I was drawing Twila again, turned on Test Tube Princess at full blast, and ended up drawing this. One of my least favorites, since it was done in less than 15 or so minutes, but oh well.
mp_v__test_tube_princess_by_theredyoshi-d300i67.jpg

Those are really cool! But you should try not to doublepost, put at least 3 pic in one post as spoilers!^^

- + ToD + - said:
Those are really cool! But you should try not to doublepost, put at least 3 pic in one post as spoilers!^^
Buhh, thanks. I'm still kind of new, so... Yeah. Not familiar with forums, really. |D

TwilaTheSun said:
Here's the first deviation i uploaded on my current account. Brighton and Twila (The hosts from MP6) as a couple of toads.
Stuck_in_Andromeda_by_TheRedYoshi.jpg
More like Toad and Toadette wearing bathrobes...

Edit: The originals are here for everyone to see. The program kept placing an annoying watermark on my finished work, but thanks to Wacky109's help, i managed to get rid of the marks. Thank you, Wacky!

Here's moars.
This is the last Mario art i ever did before i switched to Digital and my art style underwent a makeover. Goggles Daisy (Nicknaming is fun!) rescuing a toad girl after going through a nightmarish trek through the underground. However, she doesn't notice the other toad watching her from the door...
sm_b__toadette_saved_by_theredyoshi-d35qnqh.jpg

The first Mario fanart i did in my revamped art style, which follows a more "Cartoonish" style. This is also the third digital drawing i did on uDraw GameTablet. Daisy meets Candy Addict Full Course, (Machigerita binge again) and yes, that's an eyeball lollipop she's holding. (PS: I'm sorry for the crappy quality. The actual drawing is better, but since my computer is an outdated piece of junk and its SD card reader is broken, i can't upload the original pictures and i have to resort to snapping photos of the screen.) (PSS: I reallly hate how her hand turned out here.)
sm__candy_addict_daisy_by_theredyoshi-d39u6ia.png

Another fanart from when i was on a song binge. However, this one wasn't from Machigerita (Gasp!) It was from a horror writer named Mayuko. Her "Honey Merry-Go-Round" song inspired me to draw this little piece. Unfortunately for me, i was having a Bad Art Day and it turned out looking awful. Hence why my usual watermark of "DAVIS" or "D." on my digital pieces is missing. And yes, this is Brighton and Twila art.
taste_of_poison_honey_by_theredyoshi-d3a68ks.png

Daisy's hand is on backwards

Freaky

Eh, it's on the right way. It's the perspective that's wonky. ._.

No, it's definitely on backwards

Either that or all her fingers were pulled back and the joints were forcibly broken backwards into that shape.

As everyone probably guessed by now, hands are my biggest weak point. No matter what, i can not get hands to look good, no matter how hard i try. (Which is why i tend to avoid drawing them altogether)

Yeah, i was looking at a rather... Grainy reference for hands, and i ended up with Daisy's hand all screwed up. Maybe if i pull a parody retcon or say it's supposed to be that way from being stitched back together... Naw, that'll never work.

Been into Kirby's Epic Yarn and the Parappa series lately. I really love Prince Fluff from Epic Yarn. He just... Tickles me. XD;
So here's a bad speedpaint that took only... Well... Fifteen minutes or so.
prince_fluff_by_theredyoshi-d3bwpop.png

TwilaTheSun said:
As everyone probably guessed by now, hands are my biggest weak point. No matter what, i can not get hands to look good, no matter how hard i try. (Which is why i tend to avoid drawing them altogether)

The biggest problems regarding those hands are connected to the position of the thumb. The images that have been criticized have the thumbs on the opposite side of where they should actually be.

What I do when I can't picture which finger goes where is looking at my own hands. Just assume a posture that is similar to what you want to draw and look at where the thumb points. Does it face away from the body, or towards it? Does it point behind you or in front of you? Those are the things you need to observe.

I also advise against avoiding hands alltogether. As with almost everything in life, you get better at drawing hands with practice. You need to be brave and continue drawing hands, even if they suck at first. Otherwise this will remain a flaw in your drawings forever, and there are situations where it will inevitably be noticed.

arsenicCatnip said:
What I do when I can't picture which finger goes where is looking at my own hands. Just assume a posture that is similar to what you want to draw and look at where the thumb points. Does it face away from the body, or towards it? Does it point behind you or in front of you? Those are the things you need to observe.
that's actually a listed technique for amateurs. I used to do that, now i almost don't need it. I used to suck at hands. But i kept trying to get better. :D

arsenicCatnip said:
The biggest problems regarding those hands are connected to the position of the thumb. The images that have been criticized have the thumbs on the opposite side of where they should actually be.

All of this for sure. However, I, and perhaps others have more trouble figuring that out with toes. Logically that shouldn't happen, since feet don't usually go upside-down, but feet are hard to draw anyway.

Back