Japanese?

Anybody here at the forums that knows a lot of japanese? I need a little help on something please...

Re: How many... Wherever

Ask President Iwata.
He's a native speaker.

I know how to pronounce some basic Japanese words.

Ar-e-gato: Thank you
Kon-e-che-wa: Afternoon
Ni-jo-boo: Are you okay?
Ko-men-o-si: Sorry.
O-hi-o: morning

Note: I'm not sure if these are actually accurate, I just happen to hear them in anime most of the time.

I can confirm that all of your words are wrong.
Arigatou, Konnichiwa, Daijoubu (can be a mis spell), Sumimasen, Ohayou.
I don't have a Japanese keyboard on my phone, so I typed it in Romaji.

I'm pretty sure Jeff was trying to say Gomennasai, not Sumimasen on the fourth one.

President Iwata said:
I'm pretty sure Jeff was trying to say Gomennasai, not Sumimasen on the fourth one.
just the guy i was looking for! i wanted to ask you one thing.

This title:
Blackpearl Midnight Sensou
==
I want to write that in japanese letters
so is this allright?:
Bu-Ra-Ku Pe-a-re-ru Mi-do-na-i-to Se-n-so-u.
==
and i want to know what letters to use. The one's that are for names or things? (blackpearl it's a name.)
In manga titles they use the ones for persons on every word of the title or just for names? Please answer me with no kanjis or any japanese letter because they don't appear in my device.
Thank you for your time and sorry to bother!.

悪の女神 said:
I think they were trying to put the approximate pronunciations, not the actual romaji spellings. (Though still, even the pronunciations aren't quite right.)
- + ToD + - said:
I'm not the guy you were looking for, but I can answer this as well. It should be Burakku Paaru Middonaito (Bu-ra-k-ku Pa-a-ru Mi-d-do-na-i-to) for Black Pearl Midnight as far as I'm aware; at least that's how the words are usually transcribed. And you'd usually write foreign words and stuff (black, pearl and midnight here) in Katakana (I guess that's what you mean with "the ones for names", although Japanese names are actually typically spelt in Hiragana or Kanji), and use Hiragana and/or Kanji for Japanese words, at least in normal writing. As far as I'm aware though, it's also a matter of style; technically, nothing keeps you from using Hiragana for foreign words and Katakana for native ones if you want to give the text a "special" note, but it's not the standard; it would probably make it look unusual to a native speaker, which can be a good thing if you want to draw attention to it (or make it look strange on purpose).

悪の女神 said:
Arigatou, Konnichiwa, Daijoubu (can be a mis spell), Sumimasen, Ohayou.
I don't have a Japanese keyboard on my phone, so I typed it in Romaji.
superjeff64 said:
I know how to pronounce some basic Japanese words.

Note: I'm not sure if these are actually accurate, I just happen to hear them in anime most of the time.

I didn't say I was trying to spell them and I acknowledge the possibility that I was wrong, plus I learned those words from anime so blame the writers or voice actors for not being able to write/speak their own language correctly.

Vellidragon said:
- + ToD + - said:
I'm not the guy you were looking for, but I can answer this as well. It should be Burakku Paaru Middonaito (Bu-ra-k-ku Pa-a-ru Mi-d-do-na-i-to) for Black Pearl Midnight as far as I'm aware; at least that's how the words are usually transcribed. And you'd usually write foreign words and stuff (black, pearl and midnight here)
thanks for correcting pearl.
And assure me with the others. Actually the way i spell it are okay(except for pearl)
and yours it's more for pronunciation. Because, in the japanese writing there isn't a way to put two "k" or "d" one after another. Just look for the kanjis entire list and you see it. That doesn't mean it's wrong. But we have to remember it's a very complex language.
But thank you! You help me a lot by saying that! And correct me with pearl!.
That's my Manga title. And it's a little hard for me to do this stuff.(being spanish the only language i know accurately).
Anyways... Thank you very much!

Don't you put a small "tsu" for repeat consonants other than N?

I may completely wrong, I'm not too familiar with Japanese.

- + ToD + - said:
in the japanese writing there isn't a way to put two "k" or "d" one after another.
There is a way to do that, and it's very commonly done both in imported words and native Japanese terms. schmutz is correct here; you put a small "tsu" character before the syllable with the desired consonant sound to "duplicate" it; e.g. in burakku, the small "tsu" goes before "ku", resulting in "kku". It affects pronunciation as well, as the extra consonants are more or less pronounced as their own syllable, duration wise, so it's important to write them. Keep in mind that it needs to be a small "tsu", however; inserting a regular one would cause it to become buratsuku.

N is indeed an exception, as it has its own character. M is also an exception; you put an N before it to double it, which will then be pronounced like an M.

Vellidragon said:
- + ToD + - said:
in the japanese writing there isn't a way to put two "k" or "d" one after another.
There is a way to do that, and it's very commonly done both in imported words and native Japanese terms. schmutz is correct here; you put a small "tsu" character before the syllable with the desired consonant sound to "duplicate" it; e.g. in burakku, the small "tsu" goes before "ku", resulting in "kku". It affects pronunciation as well, as the extra consonants are more or less pronounced as their own syllable, duration wise, so it's important to write them. Keep in mind that it needs to be a small "tsu", however; inserting a regular one would cause it to become buratsuku.

N is indeed an exception, as it has its own character. M is also an exception; you put an N before it to double it, which will then be pronounced like an M.
wow... Thanks Vellidragon! I apreciate that a lot, and sorry about the last quote, i should learn more before discussing like that. I'm gonna have that present and thank you a lot for your time!
Arigatou Gozaimasu! Now... What can this topic be used for? For discussion about japanese language? :P

>>President Iwata
I only said "Sumimasen", because I forgot how to spell "Gomennasai".

>>superjeff64
They are using right language, just no English pronouncing/spelling.

I KNOW HOW TO SAY KONICHIWA, DESU AND KAWAII

I suggest trying an anime forum. Sounds stupid but I go to one right now and a lot of the members know Japanese.

悪の女神 said:
>>President Iwata
I only said "Sumimasen", because I forgot how to spell "Gomennasai".

There is no spelling in Japanese. Wrong.

Back