Just a flight attendant guy.
MarioWiki
SiFi
I need some critique on these.

fourleggedkoopa.png

goomba.png

joei.png

Re: Colored SML2 Sprites

The Koopas strongly remind me of SMW colors, which is a good thing. The Goombas look sort of metallic. The sharks are good.

They're actually very great. I like the koopas more.
I always wanted to know how to do sprites. You take existing sprites and modify then in paint pixel by pixel using zoom 800 and the little square options?(in spanish it's call "cuadricula") Or how?

Grim said:
The Koopas strongly remind me of SMW colors, which is a good thing. The Goombas look sort of metallic. The sharks are good.
I used SMA2 colors for all of them except the Goomba, for which I used SMA3 colors.

ToD: That's exactly how it works. For me, anyway.

- + ToD + - said:
I always wanted to know how to do sprites. You take existing sprites and modify then in paint pixel by pixel using zoom 800 and the little square options?(in spanish it's call "cuadricula") Or how?
There's other tricks that some people use but that's the old fashioned way.

Herr Shyguy said:
- + ToD + - said:
There's other tricks that some people use but that's the old fashioned way.
then i did my first and only sprite when i was 8, it was a sonic swap color. And that's the way i did it... Thanks for the info guys!

I'm working on some enhancements to Simon Belmont's sprites in Konami Wai Wai World. This is what I've got so far:

simonpreview.png

bunp........

s7Nzg.png

It's WL2 Wario with Starfy 3 colors! I'm not too proud of the shoes, but the original sprite didn't give me much to work with...

And for my next trick, I shall turn a Kirby's Adventure parasol into Perry the Parasol from Super Princess Peach!

LgnyR.png

At first I was like "man these frills can go straight to hell" but then I zoomed out and looked at the finished product and I was like "hey those are pretty good".

So I made a new version of those Koopa sprites in the first post. Now, instead of using SMA2's palette, they use SMA3's palette.

jZdW7Lo.png

Back