Gunpei Yokoi - October 4

Paper Jorge

who? am? I?
On this day, Gunpei Yokoi (spell that right? sorry if i spelt it wrong) died. Yes, October 4th was the day he had a car accident. The day he crashed. The day...he went to a better place.

Ah. It's been 10 years since Yokoi died. Yes, he died October 4th, 1997. Now we must remember what he has done to us. Not only did he create the Gameboy but he made Super Mario Land...and created Daisy.

Yokoi never got to see Daisy in the new Mario games (Mario Golf is an example). But you can just imagine how he would feel if he was still a live. It's so sad to know he never got to see Daisy in a game other than Super Mario Land.

Ah, rumor has it that Yokoi was very jealous of Miyamoto having a succesfull series (Mario). When Yokoi was assigned to make a Mario game, there's a rumor that he wanted to make the Mario game fail. Well it did fail. But its just a rumor.

I say Yokoi would never do a thing like that! He created Daisy...who..many people hate. And a lot of people hate...Super Mario Land. But don't forget he created Tatanga, a person who a lot of people like.

I can just imagine Yokoi playing as Daisy in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Can you?

Paper Jorge said:
On this day, Gunpei Yokoi (spell that right? sorry if i spelt it wrong) died. Yes, October 4th was the day he had a car accident. The day he crashed. The day...he went to a better place.

Ah. It's been 10 years since Yokoi died. Yes, he died October 4th, 1997. Now we must remember what he has done to us. Not only did he create the Gameboy but he made Super Mario Land...and created Daisy.

Yokoi never got to see Daisy in the new Mario games (Mario Golf is an example). But you can just imagine how he would feel if he was still a live. It's so sad to know he never got to see Daisy in a game other than Super Mario Land.

Ah, rumor has it that Yokoi was very jealous of Miyamoto having a succesfull series (Mario). When Yokoi was assigned to make a Mario game, there's a rumor that he wanted to make the Mario game fail. Well it did fail. But its just a rumor.

I say Yokoi would never do a thing like that! He created Daisy...who..many people hate. And a lot of people hate...Super Mario Land. But don't forget he created Tatanga, a person who a lot of people like.

I can just imagine Yokoi playing as Daisy in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Can you?

no

:cry: very sad

Think about ot guys... he started as a janitor and invented the Game Boy.

He created a lot of toys, also, and was also known as "The Father of Handhelds".

He was a great man.

:(

If he were still a live we would have a Nintendo Gameboy DS...and he would be so happy of the Metroid series...

and he would be SO HAPPY when he saw that Daisy (Peach in alt. color) and Samus were in Smash Bros.

Oh...Yokoi...WHY!?!? Well its better than Shiggy dying...

Back