Old Forum Games Being Bumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
It has come to my attention that a few people (I will not mention names) have been bumping old forum games, some of the games being years old. Is there a rule that prevents bumping old threads, and if so, should we tell those that are bumping to stop?

Iluvu <3

In all seriousness, we should lock and sticky this to Forum Games in my opinion.

Really, bumping old threads isn't allowed, so these people better stop.

Agreed, these games are way to old to care about.

Flubber said:
Yes. Now. Dont be rude to me… :-[…Everyone does mistakes.
Yes, everyone makes them after being told many times.

Reversinator said:
2257 said:
Father Ted Crilly said:
bumping old threads isn't allowed,

Where does it say that?
So there isn't a rule yet. But shouldn't there be a rule that disallows old threads being bumped?

It's not that there isn't a rule yet, it's that we used to have such a rule that we got rid of for sillyness.

The bigger concern is new users making duplicate threads of threads that already exist, because they're too lazy to use the search function.

President Iwata said:
The bigger concern is new users making duplicate threads of threads that already exist, because they're too lazy to use the search function.
It's not lazy when you come, knowing 99% of all forums don't allow you to bump old threads, and then make one that happened to be made years ago. But personally I don't mind if old threads are bumped. I just don't think it's necessary or friendly to censure new members for making a new thread if their reasoning is avoidance of a necrobump.

Necrobumping used to be banned, but I personally campaigned against it because it's an asinine policy. On the other hand, people bumping 3 year old threads to reply to posts by users who retired ages ago is just as asinine.

I guess what I'm saying is to everyone bumping these old threads for no reason is stop being more retarded than a necrobumping rule.

Kamekian said:
President Iwata said:
It's not lazy when you come, knowing 99% of all forums don't allow you to bump old threads, and then make one that happened to be made years ago. But personally I don't mind if old threads are bumped. I just don't think it's necessary or friendly to censure new members for making a new thread if their reasoning is avoidance of a necrobump.

The point is:

*There is no actual rule against posting in old threads

*There is an actual rule that encourages users to not make duplicate threads

...honestly? Do you people have some mindset like "bumping old topics = bad"? Is there anything wrong with bumping an ancient game thread? Replying to a comment posted years ago would be bad, and I understand that. But games are timeless. The entire Forum Games board is there so that users can play every single one of those 400+ games. If there were any games that weren't to be played, they would have been moved to Topic Storage. Please, try to evaluate situations completely and then come to a decision, not just come to a conclusion that because it is bad in the General Discussion board, it is bad everywhere else.

The world isn't made up of "bad" and "good" and if you do something "bad", then you are wrong. There are tons of different scenarios, different situations, that require people to think before defining "bad" and "good"; there are no concrete definitions of those two words.

Anyways, there's my two cents.

I don't have a lot to add now but I just feel the need to reiterate the fact that I think it's fine for forum games. Other posts though...

Chorus said:
The world isn't made up of "bad" and "good" and if you do something "bad", then you are wrong. There are tons of different scenarios, different situations, that require people to think before defining "bad" and "good"; there are no concrete definitions of those two words.

fff what are you even talking about anymore

President Iwata said:
Chorus said:

fff what are you even talking about anymore

If I were to guess, I'd say he's telling you that the worth of any action is relative...

In other words: Just because someone thinks necroposting is bad, this doesn't need to reflect the opinion of everybody in every scenario.

I don't even see what the problem here is and what the purpose of MG1's post was.

Reversinator asked a question as to whether there was a rule against necroposting or not, and it has been clarified that there is no such rule.

Basically, this thread no longer has a purpose and it should be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back