Mafia ideas

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
I'm thinking of starting a mafia game. I was wondering if you could give some ideas for mafia games and roles.
I'd also like some tips, too.

Here is a list of roles Rocker made: (credit to him):

Townie:
Milller - When searched by cops apears guilty , when killed reveals as mafia
Mason - a normal townie that can talk to other masons
Inventor - the inventor has several items (device a-c) and can use them each night. They can be anything from Seeing Crystal to Forcefeild Generator
Nexus - All night actions done to this person will be randomly sent to someone else.
Politcian - Each night he can "buy" another person's vote , so in the day he owns his vote and the person's vote.
Body Guard - can protect one person each night. If attacked by the mafia the bodyguard will die instead of kill the mafia.
Granny/Paranoid gun owner - Kills anyone who vists it , and the action becomes unsuccesful.
Orcale - Every night they choose a person to orc. If killed that person's role is revealed.
Baker - Can give someone bread every night. When all bakers are dead the town goes into famine. They will all die in 1 day. Everyone who has bread stays alive an extra day.
Amnesiac - Can choose someone from the graveyard to steal there role. Once they take a role they cant take another.
Vengeful Townie/Hunter - Kills someone else when lynched.

3rd Party:
Serial Killer - Can kill someone every night , wins when they outnumber town.
Fool/Jester - If lynched they win. At night can visit someone for the lols. Also wins with town.
Cuiltist - Every night they can turn someone into a cultist. They win when they outnumber town. If the cult leader dies they all die.
Survivor - If the survivor is alive at the end , it wins instead.
Role Stealer - When a action is used on the role stealer(even mafia) it will be unsuccessful and it steals that role. The user keeps the role. The role stealer can then use that power once , if a action is used on the role stealer while he has a role , he then has 2 powers. Once he uses his power its gone.

Mafia:
Silencer/Kidnapper - Can silence someone every night. They can not talk during day. They may still vote.
Yakuza - Can turn someone into a normal mafia member but must kill itself.
Hooker/RoleBlocker - Can stop someone from using there night action.
Bomber - Can bomb someone at day killing them and themselves.
Assasin - Can kill someone at day instead of night.
Usurper - Works with the mafia but only wins if the leader of the mafia dies. His partners will not know he is the usurper.

And make up some of your own roles. It's more fun then.

Broggy said:
Here is a list of roles Rocker made: (credit to him):

Townie:
Milller - When searched by cops apears guilty , when killed reveals as mafia
Mason - a normal townie that can talk to other masons
Inventor - the inventor has several items (device a-c) and can use them each night. They can be anything from Seeing Crystal to Forcefeild Generator
Nexus - All night actions done to this person will be randomly sent to someone else.
Politcian - Each night he can "buy" another person's vote , so in the day he owns his vote and the person's vote.
Body Guard - can protect one person each night. If attacked by the mafia the bodyguard will die instead of kill the mafia.
Granny/Paranoid gun owner - Kills anyone who vists it , and the action becomes unsuccesful.
Orcale - Every night they choose a person to orc. If killed that person's role is revealed.
Baker - Can give someone bread every night. When all bakers are dead the town goes into famine. They will all die in 1 day. Everyone who has bread stays alive an extra day.
Amnesiac - Can choose someone from the graveyard to steal there role. Once they take a role they cant take another.
Vengeful Townie/Hunter - Kills someone else when lynched.
Teacher-Can give someone a power after 3 days (either Cop,Doctor or Roleblocker)

3rd Party:
Serial Killer - Can kill someone every night , wins when they outnumber town.
Fool/Jester - If lynched they win. At night can visit someone for the lols. Also wins with town.
Cuiltist - Every night they can turn someone into a cultist. They win when they outnumber town. If the cult leader dies they all die.
Survivor - If the survivor is alive at the end , it wins instead.
Role Stealer - When a action is used on the role stealer(even mafia) it will be unsuccessful and it steals that role. The user keeps the role. The role stealer can then use that power once , if a action is used on the role stealer while he has a role , he then has 2 powers. Once he uses his power its gone.
Jinx-Can screw up somebody's powes. Cops get wrong check, doctors fail to protect

Mafia:
Silencer/Kidnapper - Can silence someone every night. They can not talk during day. They may still vote.
Yakuza - Can turn someone into a normal mafia member but must kill itself.
Hooker/RoleBlocker - Can stop someone from using there night action.
Bomber - Can bomb someone at day killing them and themselves.
Assasin - Can kill someone at day instead of night.
Usurper - Works with the mafia but only wins if the leader of the mafia dies. His partners will not know he is the usurper.

And make up some of your own roles. It's more fun then.
Added mine and MCD's teacher role.

If you want to do something interesting try to do something fundamentally different to the normal slosh of mafia games, or at least shake it up with some fun third-party roles.

Or just pick a game/TV show/movie you like and re-skin every tired old role with characters from the game/TV show/movie that you like.

Why don't you do something with a lot of characters like a Donkey Kong Country Mafia? There are many Kongs and Kremlings.

Jon and Kate plus Eight Mafia Kate and the Eight could be Innocent, and Jon and his lovers could be Mafia

Bartender:can give a drink to anyone each night (even himself.) 50% chance of poison, killikg the drinker, and 50% chance of healing potion, protecting from next kill.
Town-sided

The Black Yoshi said:
Bartender:can give a drink to anyone each night (even himself.) 50% chance of poison, killikg the drinker, and 50% chance of healing potion, protecting from next kill.
Town-sided
I was thinking of doing that, but the drink roleblocks and makes that players votes useless (Drunk)

Severus Snape said:
I think if someone makes a Hogwarts Mafia I'll join for the first time.
My next mafia game.
>>Yoshiwaker
1 mafia for every four innocents
So if you have 10 players you should have 2-3 mafia, depending on the powers the innocents have

Oprah Winfrey said:
I think if someone makes a Hogwarts Mafia I'll join for the first time.
Thats....

actually a great idea.

Broggy said:
Hogwarts?

I think that's Harry Potter but I don't know.
If my name wasn't Snape at the time I would have just said "Harry Potter Mafia"

I would still join one, by the way. If anyone makes one, please PM me.

Back