Recent content by I'm the lil bro.

  1. I'm the lil bro.

    Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

    This may honestly not be that hot of a take (it may be more popular than I think it is because it does feel like the kind of opinion that should be at least semi-popular), but everyone I've spoken to disagrees with me on this except like, one person, so: I think the Mario & Luigi RPG series is...
  2. I'm the lil bro.

    Things that ruin games.

    Curious about what you mean by "arbitrary weakness". Are you talking about a character flaw that the narrative of a game tackles, or something else?
  3. I'm the lil bro.

    Your headcanons

    Super grateful for this reply. I was trying to think of particular examples to cite because I was getting the "autistic empathy" so to speak where you (as an autistic person) just kind of... feel someone vibes as autistic but can't put your finger on why. To me it's just a no-brainer, he is...
  4. I'm the lil bro.

    Your headcanons

    Luigi is autistic. That's it. That's the headcanon.
  5. I'm the lil bro.

    What game did you last play?!?!?!?

    I finally got around to playing Breath of the Wild, and I've been really enjoying it so far! It's the worst addiction for a completionist like me. I have to get all the map visible, right. Now.
  6. I'm the lil bro.

    Things that ruin games.

    I wouldn't say that the ideas behind Sticker Star and Color Splash are inherently flawed; I just think that they are using too many ideas that don't complement each other very well. The sticker system isn't a bad idea in and of itself, but it works against the rest of the battle system, making...
  7. I'm the lil bro.

    The Unofficial Handheld Gaming Thread - A Necromancy Attempt

    I can definitely see what you mean. Playing things on the go is nice, but the homogenization of the handheld and console markets does seem to mean fewer games being released in general, and nothing unique for handheld play. That's not even just for the traditional handhelds, either; mobile...
  8. I'm the lil bro.

    I have a new/avatar/sig/whatever.

    Changed some stuff in the wake of the Mario movie!
  9. I'm the lil bro.

    The Unofficial Handheld Gaming Thread - A Necromancy Attempt

    Honestly, I practically grew up on handheld gaming. Some personal story time from me: It was rare that we received a home console at my house. I never personally owned a Nintendo 64, nor a Super Nintendo, and my stint with a GameCube was brief. It's only Wii-onward that I was keeping up with...
  10. I'm the lil bro.

    Things that ruin games.

    Disney's Dreamlight Valley has this for literally no reason. It recharges when you go into your house, so what's even the point of it? It doesn't completely ruin it but it seems like such a needless inclusion, if I was an exec for that game I'd elect to just get rid of it. Dreamlight Valley...
  11. I'm the lil bro.

    Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

    I guess this would qualify as an unpopular opinion right now? I am not a big fan of the two big Luigi ships, Luigi/Daisy and Luigi/Bowser. I do think the former is cute, but I just like Luigi with other people better. And Luigi/Bowser... I don't mean to dampen anyone's fun at all, but I will...
  12. I'm the lil bro.

    The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

    Other people probably would've sent better essays in this thread than me about the overall film, so I'll just say this: I was going to be happy with this movie as long as it had Mario and Luigi being the loving brothers I know them to be. It was what captivated me about the franchise in the...
  13. I'm the lil bro.

    The official name change announcement thread

    User comic sans. has changed their username to I'm the lil bro..
  14. I'm the lil bro.

    Why do people eat greasy things while gaming?

    i mean, the equipment gets dirty regardless of what you do. your hands aren't perfectly clean, after all. greasy foods are not the only things that can get them dirty, too, and arguably what's worse is drinking something around equipment since liquid damage is much harder to repair than some...
  15. I'm the lil bro.

    Sonic Frontiers

    responding to my old post to say that i love the game and the gameplay loop is the best part about it, actually. and the story did indeed attempt to be sincere (and re-rail characters, at that). i really liked how they were all written this time around. the realistic approach the environment...
Back