Status as a "hybrid console" (can be both handheld and on the TV) is extremely useful and cool
The Pro controller is pretty good
Has pretty decent inbuilt flash storage and can be expanded with micro sd card if needed
Impressive they can fit a whole game into a tiny cartridge with a smaller game case
Seems pretty fast, and good internet wise
Seems to have an ok battery life
The touchscreen is good, I like how it's more akin to smartphones and tablets than the Wii U gamepad, and the DS and 3DS
Whilst the Joy-Cons are amazing in theory, I think they fell a bit flat in practise, especially as I'm scared of developing joycon drift. Thankfully I find their size alright, I think a lot of people were saying the joycons were too small for their hands
The games are really expensive still, even those that have been out for over 3 years
They killed virtual console
You have to pay for online multiplayer
Based on a little internet research, looks like hacking it will be pretty risky and difficult if even possible
No music in a lot of interfaces that I wish there were
The main dashboard feels too barebones
I don't like how they made the home menu and main dashboard one and the same like the 3DS, I wish they were separate like on the Wii and Wii U
I finally fulfilled my dream of fighting Super Dimentio at level 1 and this fight was actually pretty hard. I won with Peach and Carrie (Peach can block in midair whilst riding Carrie) and luring the boss into the corner then just jump on his head whilst blocking and although it'd be possible to get hit if a projectile hits you in the split second after you land a hit (because this disables the block) I managed to win doing that, but if I hadn't pulled that off it would've been a very hard fight.
- Wii U hack worked fine at first until it actually game to booting 3D World in Cemu, at first I just got a black screen and when I first got help the person said it was unfixable and was a result of the graphics card I'm on. However, another person helped me fixed it and with some tweaks I managed to get the game to run at a generally comfortable framerate (far more than I'd expected was possible on my hardware.) I didn't get my own save file onto it but I found a 100% save file for my region which I managed to load in so I can now play any level anytime. I'm trying to beat Champion's Road (I'd say this is either the hardest main series Mario level I've played yet or second to SMG2's The Perfect Run).
- Managed to load Superstar Saga in VisualBoyAdvance, but not my save file. Also I managed to get cheat codes working so I can enjoy the game a lot more than grinding enemies (albeit infinite coins cheats means the blocks have no value)
- Managed to load Super Mario 64 on my PC and even on my 3DS but the latter is so laggy it is almost unplayable (I think it's mainly intended for the new 3DS which I don't have). Couldn't get save files on either.
- Managed to load Paper Mario 64 on my PC (haven't tried 3DS) and managed to set it up with the HD texture pack which looks so good compared to the original, however it's still kinda buggy ("o"'s are unchanged for some reason and a lot of characters will change between new and old appearances due to incomplete sprite replacement). Couldn't get my saves on here so I'm replaying from scratch, not sure how much I'll commit to this playthrough given how many things I'm in the middle of currently but eventually beating the whole game like this would be an awesome upgrade to a game I already love.
- Managed to load Partners in Time on DeSmuMe (I guess I might get Haxchi now in that case, but I don't plan on CBHC because it's far riskier) and imported my save file.
On a separate note I also found a TTYD theme for my 3DS which is epic
- 3DS hack worked fine, I did encounter an issue when I came to the NAND backup cause it was giving an error, I deduced it was probably because my SD card didn't have enough room so I moved the "Nintendo 3DS" folder onto the hard drive of my PC and then made the backup, moved the backup to my PC, returned the "Nintendo 3DS" folder to the root of the SD card, and then everything seemed restored, so I think it's OK.
- I can't dump Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D because my SD card isn't big enough
- I did however manage to dump Dream Team and 3D Land, and they both ran pretty decently on Citra (generally good framerate and no errors as far as I noticed), and it was pretty cool to now be able to play them on PC however I still prefer the feel of playing them on a 3DS. I also managed to use Checkpoint to get my game saves for both, which in the case of 3D Land means I can play any level whenever I want on either 3DS or Citra.
- I managed to dump and load into Citra Super Mario Land 1 & 2 but for some reason the audio in both was really glitchy (I couldn't find an easy fix or explanation) so I doubt I'll be playing either outside of my 3DS, but again I think it's cool I got it to work.
- I also dumped Bowser's Inside Story and managed to get it to work on DeSmuMe and it seemed accurate but for some reason it was really laggy at first, I toggled with the settings a little which seemed to help. I also managed to get my saves for this so I replayed the final battle with that awesome music and it was great.