Recent content by MattMVS7

  1. M

    Life's all about being happy and enjoying things

    If anyone wants a brief summary of my philosophy, here it is: My philosophy says that positive feelings are the only way we can see things as good, beautiful, amazing, and magnificent, and that a life without positive feelings is no way to live or be an artist. I'll explain. Feelings are how...
  2. M

    Life's all about being happy and enjoying things

    I'd like to share to you my best philosophy packet. It has the best, supporting arguments for my philosophy. There's a discussion section as well, which addresses the objections others have to my philosophy. There are 4 parts to this, and I'll give you the Deviant Art links to them. If you...
  3. M

    I'm a beginner and wish to share my tunes

    It's obvious to me, at least, that our brains are naturally capable of creating good works of art and melodies in our heads. If you casually said the phrase: "I went to the store today," that would be an average melody because you could translate that spoken phrase into a melody. If you said...
  4. M

    I'm a beginner and wish to share my tunes

    I was in the process of learning music theory lessons and I thought some knowledge was good enough. Apparently, it's not. I think I must go all the way and have a complete and thorough understanding of music theory before I jump right into composing music for others to listen to. Now, I do...
  5. M

    I'm a beginner and wish to share my tunes

    Well, even though our brains are naturally capable of creating great works of art, we need education and training anyway because we'll suck at trying to convey our mentally inspired works in the physical world. That's why we still need those books. Imagine a novice who has created a wonderful...
  6. M

    I'm a beginner and wish to share my tunes

    I think the melody itself is great. I just need the right chords, harmony, and other things to convey its power and greatness. Why do I think my melody is great? Well, I think it's because our brains are naturally capable of creating great works of art whether it be landscapes, music, etc...
  7. M

    I'm a beginner and wish to share my tunes

    I take it there are some professional musicians here though. After all, this is the fan arts section and I'd suspect there are some experienced musicians. The thing is, I think the music I'm naturally creating in my head could be great. But, I'm not sure. I'm undecided on this and that's why...
  8. M

    I'm a beginner and wish to share my tunes

    Alright, you think my tune is awful then. What's wrong with it and why's it so bad? Are there any technical flaws making it an awful tune?
  9. M

    I'm a beginner and wish to share my tunes

    The thing is, I want the cold, hard truth as to whether my melodies are great or not. That means I must get feedback from professional musicians rather than average people. So, just because you think my Super Sonic tune is good doesn't mean it is. It could be some average, lame tune. Or...
  10. M

    I'm a beginner and wish to share my tunes

    Edit: I was in the process of learning music theory lessons and I thought some knowledge was good enough. Apparently, it's not. I think I must go all the way and have a complete and thorough understanding of music theory before I jump right into composing music for others to listen to. Now...
  11. M

    My composing dream

    I'm bored. So, I will just share one last comedy scene. After all, this is the Fan Creations section of the forum. Now, this scene is a Dragon Ball Z one: The evil Buu arrives at a victim's door and he gently knocks on the door while saying in a sinister tone of voice: Buu: "Knock knock."...
  12. M

    My composing dream

    Don't worry. I have taken the suggestion and criticism of others here into consideration. It's just that I'm not yet ready to learn how to compose. That's why I'm not talking about ways of improving my music. Instead, I'm stalling some time by talking about everything that I've been talking...
  13. M

    My composing dream

    I thought there was a low, moderate, and high standard that was objective because I thought there was a way to objectively determine what works of art are good, magnificent, bad, or horrendous. If these objective standards don't yet exist and it's currently subjective, then surely there must be...
  14. M

    My composing dream

    People can have a different style of comedy or music which prevents them from appreciating the greatness of certain types of comedy or music. So, having a high standard isn't the only thing that prevents people from praising and appreciating works of art. As for standards though, I think the...
  15. M

    My composing dream

    If a person just offers one without the other, then that, to me, says the person is disregarding and dismissing any criticism that is deserved if that person only offered praise, or that the person is dismissing any praise that is deserved if he/she only offered criticism. I consider it to be...
Back