Super Mario Odyssey NES

Atari-Dude

Perfect Dark on Nintendo 64; Get PD or Get Out..
Super Mario Odyssey is a platform video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Entertainment System home console. The game was first released in Japan and North America in 1985, and in Europe and Australia two years later. In Super Mario Odyssey, the player controls Mario and in a two-player game, a second player takes control of Cappy who can attack enemies independently of Mario as they travel across many worlds on their hat-shaped ship, the "Odyssey", in an effort to rescue Princess Toadstool from the antagonistic King Bowser, who plans to marry her.

Replay one of the best Mario games to date in the style of the NES as this game recreates the game ground up with retro style graphics, sound, and classic gameplay (With all the quirks of Super Mario Odyssey)! Buy outfits in places such as New Donk City and find the Power Moons scattered across the globe! Will you be able to to recruit Pauline's band?

I've been developing a demo of Super Mario Odyssey as to what it would be like had the game not been released in 2017 for the Nintendo Switch, but actually in 1985 for the original Nintendo Entertainment System. I'm, as of now, developing it for the mostly kiddy program "Scratch", since the coding is relatively simple compared to other languages (plus there's so many people that can see it on there since there's already a huge community). You can check out some pixel art for some upcoming levels I hope to make someday here: http://atari-dude.deviantart.com/

As it is now, there's only one level playable; New Donk City. There's a few moons to collect, and you can't even recruit all the band members yet. I'm not sure how much effort I should actually put into the project, so it's development has been halted for an unknown amount of time... You can play that short demo right here, and feel free to give me some constructive criticism on it... https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/167916511/#player

This is amazing.

Yes, while it seems nice, a lot of sprites seem out of place and some clearly exceed the color limit for a single NES sprite, unless you're intending that they're multiple sprites layered on top of each other. Some sprites clash with styles too.

Back