Author Topic: Roller's Reasons  (Read 887 times)

Madeline

• A1 Sauce
  • Bob-omb
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
Roller's Reasons
« on: May 29, 2018, 01:40:59 AM »
Roller's Reasons
to try to live my way, among other things

Hey, there. If you haven't seen me around yet, I'm Roller. I've been posting a bunch here since I became active and I figure it's about time I share some of my artwork because I think I need some sort of artistic outlet. A couple of my friends have such threads on here, namely Roserade, and I think it would be nice to have a similar thing for myself.

I mostly work on music and writing, but I do some spritework and some Photoshop design too. I'm a primarily a filmmaker, but I don't think I'm going to post any of my videos on here as they feature myself or others in my life in-the-flesh and that could lead to a sticky situation.

My writing is usually has a pretty affirmative tone to it, which is why I call this "Roller's Reasons", but I'm going to be posting a lot more than just writing, so don't let the title (or its flashy font) mislead you.

If you have any suggestions, revisions, or constructive criticism to offer to any of my works, you are more than welcome to offer it. I always appreciate any advice.
Expect to see a weird mix of seriousness and memes throughout the life of this thread.

I'll start with something I wrote recently, not too long ago, and showed to a few people on the forums already.

Spoiler: To those who wait (click to show/hide)

Thank you for taking the time to check out this page.

-R
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 10:32:08 PM by Mikan Tsumiki »

Madeline

• A1 Sauce
  • Bob-omb
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
Re: Roller's Reasons
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:37:10 AM »
Here's a short story I wrote last November for my Composition class called L'agonie de la Soif, which literally means The Agony of Thirst in French. I got the idea for this when my teacher said "You could make the story about something as simple as a glass of water!" and that's exactly what I set out to do.

Spoiler: L'agonie de la Soif (click to show/hide)

Excuse the weird formatting, I copied it from a PDF. I hope you enjoy(ed) it.

Madeline

• A1 Sauce
  • Bob-omb
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 11:47:04 PM »
I like to do some speech-writing too, so if you wanna check that out here's my speech for when I ran for Recorder for my high school this year.

Spoiler: Recorder speech (click to show/hide)

"Opponent 2" ended up winning because she did an entire flip on-stage, but a lot of people told me my speech was the best, so I'll just take it and try again next year. Hopefully I'll win eventually! :)

(to clarify, our school is an art magnet school)

Madeline

• A1 Sauce
  • Bob-omb
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 01:11:35 PM »
Rose asked me if he could use the "Wheelie" enemy from Kirby to depict me for the MBKG, but I told him to wait for me to rework a Wheelie sprite.

So, here's "Roller" if you want to draw me or something:

Spoiler: old ver. (click to show/hide)

Pretty satisfied with it, although any nitpicks on weird coloring or misplaced pixels would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:30:39 PM by Roller »

Madeline

• A1 Sauce
  • Bob-omb
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 04:24:53 PM »
Reworked another sprite in the Roller style:

I tried making the shoes pink as they normally are, but I decided to just keep them blue instead.

Madeline

• A1 Sauce
  • Bob-omb
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 06:48:13 PM »
I was looking at some sprites online, and I saw Mettaton in an interesting pose and had an idea for a resprite, check it out by opening the spoiler.

Spoiler: Mettaton resprite (click to show/hide)

God, I am cancerous.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 07:36:31 PM by Roller »

Madeline

• A1 Sauce
  • Bob-omb
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 09:20:44 PM »
I made a meme about Waluigi not being in Smash and now I want you to watch it

Madeline

• A1 Sauce
  • Bob-omb
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 03:21:31 PM »
Look at that I made another meme this time with ya boi Reggie
Big Danganronpa 1 spoilers incoming

Is this gonna become a meme page? Is this just me trying to get more people to my channel? Yes, and yes but c'mon just watch the meme it won't hurt you  ;)

Madeline

• A1 Sauce
  • Bob-omb
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 10:31:37 PM »
Alright, let's make this serious again. Here's a poem I wrote about a week ago that's got a bit of an edgy title--New Text Document. I guess a good second title would be Head-Spin and I can't choose between them so I'll just do both.

The formatting is a little odd because I originally wrote it in Notepad, where you can't use things like Right Align (which this poem would've definitely benefitted from) but it still works nonetheless. Anyway, there it is.