Favorite comedians / comedy groups

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Who are some of your favorite comedians or comedy groups? I've found that these people have not only shaped my comedic tastes, but also my own style of humor when I'm talking with people or performing something in something like an improv show.

Jon Stewart
Robin Williams
George Carlin
John Cleese
Monty Python
Bill Murray
The main three of Whose Line is it Anyway
TeamFourStar (Not just their show, but the people themselves in stuff like their lets plays)

2ada27f140b34bc2ab586dd71e1c1583.png

Ed Byrne is my absolute favourite comedian, I also quite like Milton Jones and Rhod Gilbert.

For female comedians, Jo Brand and Sarah Milican are very good.

I wouldn't call him a faovurite (though I do find him very funny), I have massive respect for Ross Noble. To go into a gig with about 4 pre-prepared jokes and make the rest up on the spot, whilst making it funny, shows amazing talent.

Probably my all time favourite comedian is Eddie Izzard. He just makes such sophisticated jokes, and he can actually do dramatic roles pretty well too (see the movie Valkyrie for a good example).

Then there's the late Robin Williams who did a lot of impressions, and has always made me laugh. Just like Izzard, he could go from comedy to drama extremely well, which is why he will always be an inspiration to me.

I like Hugh Dennis and Milton Jones, both of which are able to do good deadpan performances.

There's Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon, whose banter is just top notch. Other comedy duos that I've found funny are Mitchell and Webb, Armstrong and Miller, Ant and Dec, and of course the legendary Laurel and Hardy. Their slapstick comedy is some of the funniest I've ever seen, great inspiration.

Though they're not exactly comedians, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are hilarious when they're together. I wish they were still together on Top Gear, sadly they're not, but they've got a show on Amazon Prime called The Grand Tour which will be out soon, so I will hopefully be catching that soon.

Last, the group known as The Tenderloins, which others may know as the Impractical Jokers. Sal Vulcano, Joe Gatto, Brian Quinn and James Murray, all four of them are comedy geniuses. I love what they do and I hope they never change.

There's so many more but I can't name them all right now. I'm a sucker for good comedy.

Not a traditional comedian, but Bill Bryson is a hilarious author. As for groups, I really love Monty Python and Team Four Star.

Edward Elric said:
Not a traditional comedian, but Bill Bryson is a hilarious author. As for groups, I really love Monty Python and Team Four Star.
Can't believe I forgot Monty python. I'll add them.

If I had to pick a favorite of them, definitely John Cleese. i love his dry humor in Monty Python. He is also hysterical in Fawlty Towers, one of my favorite shows.

Jacques said:
:diddy:

im p sure i listed this somewhere else here but im too lazy to search it
these are in no particular order, and probably a few i missed off the top of my head:

dave chappelle
kevin hart
chris rock
eddie murphy (maybe just "delirous")
aziz anzari
chris tucker
louis ck

Forgot to mention The Two Ronnies (Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett).

Back