Wii U power cables

Revin

Ace Captain
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
so i bought my wii u a while ago, and it runs on 110-120v, and all the powerpoints here in australia (afaik) are 220-240v. i was wondering, is it just the cable that's 110, or is there something in the wii u itself that's 110? so like, would it be possible for me to buy a 220 power cable from the local game shop and use that instead of the 110 version? i've been using a power transformer to convert the power to 110, and it works fine, but i suddenly thought of this yesterday, and so i wanted to ask whether it made any sense or not

also, a related question: i just ordered a wii u pro controller, and judging by the pictures i think it uses the same charger as the gamepad, so would it matter if i used the 110 charger instead of having to buy a 220 charger?

The console itself runs on like 12v, using a local adaptor is completely fine. Same goes for the controllers, just in a lower voltage.

I.e. my Dutch adapter is capable of powering any console on the planet, given it uses the correct outlet.

cool, thanks! i just wanted to check first since it's pretty expensive and i wouldn't want to damage it or anything trying to test it out

anyway this can be put in resolved now

Back