Collab: Removing uppercases

Banon

Koopa Troopa
I noticed a lot of subsections in many articles have useless upper cases in their titles.
This includes: References to Other Games, References in Later Games, Physical Appearance, Traits and Abilities, Relationships with Other Characters, Official Profiles and Statistics, Game Appearances, Names in Other Languages, Attacks and Stats, External Links.

Since we should only use upper cases for first words and proper nouns, we should get rid of them.

That basically means we have to edit all the characters articles, the games articles, and a lot of others, like the levels, worlds... articles.

I'm willing to edit those pages, but I will need help since this is a big job.

The games from NES to SNES are done.

What about all the image categories? Back when I edited on the wiki, all of the image categories had the word "images" capitalized (e.g. Luigi's Mansion Images), but that would be one hell of a task to take on since literally thousands of files have those categories on them.

The focus should be on section titles before moving into categories, which could be done long-term but is less-important than section titles.

Ok but then, why is Sliding on one Foot is capitalized differently from Walking Through Walls? Just wondering.

Time Turner said:
Our use of capitalization may be inconsistent, but we definitely should not completely remove capitals from titles excluding the first word.
But, consistency is what this is whole collab is about. We want section titles to be consistently capitalized, and that means only capitalization for the first word and proper nouns. How are glitch titles different? Titles such as "Walking Through Walls" are not proper nouns. Unless in the rare case of where a glitch is officially named, such as the "Minus World", all section titles should be consistently capitalized according to the guideline we are now following.

Time Turner said:
Our use of capitalization may be inconsistent, but we definitely should not completely remove capitals from titles excluding the first word.

We're not trying to be like Wikipedia, but I would like to let you know that Wikipedia capitalizes only the first word and proper nouns in their subsections.

My point is that there is probably a reason Wikipedia does this other than it's Wikipedia.

Collab update: I fixed those protected pages. A guideline for this was added to the Manual of Style here. The easiest way to keep this going: If you're editing an article anyway, remove any unnecessary uppercases from section headers while you're there.

That's what I'm trying to do. :)

I'm rewriting the Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 levels so I'll be able to do it on those, may have missed some so I'll back to make sure.

Back