Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SonicMario

Star Spirit
We've had a few Star Wars related threads before. But I think what's needed is a conglomerate thread where we can discuss anything and everything about Star Wars. I notice that it's actually really popular around the Forums, a notice I picked up on considering Star Wars characters have done very well in a few Vote to Wins on Forum Games.

I've always loved Star Wars. I was and still am a big fan for quite a while. I always subconciously knew of Star Wars existence as a kid but wasn't a huge fan until I played the first Star Wars Battlefront. Playing that game and seeing the movies got me hooked.

On regards to the different trilogies I actually like both of them for what they brought. Yes I know that the Originals are mainly considered far better then the Prequels but I actually like the Prequels enough to say they weren't entirely unnecessary. I'm able to overlook some of the rather bland acting done for Anakin and Padme and to focus how stuff is shaped in order to get to how the Original Trilogy starts out with.

On non-movie stuff. I have actually read alot of Star Wars books. I may not remember everything but there was some stuff I liked. And on the Shows, I loved the 2D Clone Wars thing done by the creator of Samurai Jack and Dexter's Lab. I've also seen a bit of the 3D Clone Wars one but I'm not sure if I can really enjoy it as obviously we know what's going to happen to the characters after the series is over. All the kid-friendly happy Scenes with Anakin talking with other Jedi kinda gets ruined by the fact that Anakin sets off to kill pretty much most of them (Including kids) in Revenge of the Sith. And of course Grievous and Dooku are too, even if they're beaten in some sort of fight or their plan is foiled they're going to escape in Clone Wars since they don't meet their end until Revenge of the Sith.

I could say alot more. But Star Wars really is a broad topic. I can't really say thoughts on everything in just one post. If a discussion comes on a particular thing, I'll comment on that if I have anything to say. For now, May the Force be with you and start posting.

I've always liked the Original Trilogy, LEGOs, and several of the games, especially Empire at War and KOTOR. The New Trilogy can die in a hole.

I liked the games the most, especially Jedi outcast series and the old republic series.

I might also get into the expanded universe since ive been reading lately.

I also liked the first 3 movies too, wasn't really that big on the prequels though.

Meh, I still enjoy the Prequels. There's no way they're as good as the originals as I said. But I enjoyed seeing the fast-paced Lightsaber fights in all 3 of the films. In Episode I, I liked seeing a young Obi-Wan Kenobi and I also kinda liked the Podrace and the Battle scene on Naboo. In Episode 2 the first half was a tad bland and the romance was cheesy, but I liked the scenes on Kamino and the Genonosis Arena scene and the following battle afterwards. Oh and of course Yoda facing Count Dooku was wicked awesome. And Episode 3 was by far my favorite of the Prequels with so many events happening with the deaths of Grievous, Dooku, and alot of Jedi. Also the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel on Mustafar is still one of my favorite duels of the entire series. And of course I loved all the continuity stuff that you know goes into something important later on in the Original Trilogy.

I can say that at least some of the TV show episodes are good.

The best episode? Go check Youtube for "Rookies", which doesn't focus on any Jedi and only has Rex, Cody, and a bunch of noob clones.

It's awesome.

Dr. Javelin said:

The best episode? Go check Youtube for "Rookies", which doesn't focus on any Jedi and only has Rex, Cody, and a bunch of noob clones.

It's awesome.

I actually think I did catch that one. Yeah that was pretty good. It's very interesting to actually get a deep story with Clone troopers and gives more depth to the troopers when normally you think they'd all be the same being you know... clones and all.

I hear the show is pretty decent it just seems like it'd be kinda hard to basically know what's eventually going to happen.

Also while I don't hat Ahsoka, I kinda hope that during the series she dies or at least goes missing somehow. As it could provide even more addition to Anakin's eventual turn to the Dark Side even if of course Ahsoka isn't mentioned anywhere in already established canon.

To be honest, the two clone wars shows confuse me due to the timeline difference and I don't like Obi-Wan's outfit change, but it's okay. Also, I love the Lego sets! Just wish that they could make lego lightning you can attach to Palpatine's hands. That would be epic!

Northern Verve said:
I actually think I did catch that one. Yeah that was pretty good. It's very interesting to actually get a deep story with Clone troopers and gives more depth to the troopers when normally you think they'd all be the same being you know... clones and all.
Supposedly, much of a person's temperament is determined during early childhood and not by inherent traits. In other words, it's how they were raised that determines their character.

Which means the Kaminoans must raise some clones differently than others...
RandomGuy said:
Just wish that they could make lego lightning you can attach to Palpatine's hands. That would be epic!
They did, if you saw the big playable Death Star set.
Zae said:
I liked the games the most, especially Jedi outcast series and the old republic series.
OH YEAH

Jedi Outcast is a great game.

Other favorites? Republic Commando, Battlefront II, Empire at War.

I have been watching the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series since the very first season. Impressive work with the computer animation, but I have seen some graphical errors, such as the brief removal of Jedi General Pong Krell's beard in the episode, "The General".

Season 4's season finale did come as a shocker though.

Darth Maul has returned.

Dr. Javelin said:

It's awesome.
That one was good. Also
MnSG said:
I have been watching the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series since the very first season. Impressive work with the computer animation, but I have seen some graphical errors, such as the brief removal of Jedi General Pong Krell's beard in the episode, "The General".

Season 4's season finale did come as a shocker though.

Darth Maul has returned.
Yeah that was one of the best of Season 4.

I'm a very big Star Wars fan. I have a lot of the books,some comics,all the movies on DVD,seen all the Clone Wars episodes of both series and have them on DVD too plus some of the games.

Also my favourite episode of 3d Clone Wars is the Grievious Intruige. The Citadel Rescue episode has a big continuity issue though.

What are you guy's favorite characters? My favorite character might be Obi-Wan, with Luke being 2nd. (Can't go wrong with someone who fought 3 Sith Lords and Lived. I know Vader kills him but Obi-Wan beats him in the Duel on Mustafar and lets himself be killed on the Death Star in order to help Luke for the entirety of the original trilogy)

Revan, no contest.

Yoshidude99 said:
Revan was the one who had his memory wiped right?

Yeah, the same main character from knights of the old republic.

Pretty sure his memory was wiped anyway.

Zae said:
Yoshidude99 said:

Yeah, he gets his memory wiped after Malak's betrayal and Bastila defeats him and takes him to the Council.

I was interested to see where he knew Tyber Zann from and why.

Magus said:
Zae said:
Yoshidude99 said:

Yeah, he gets his memory wiped after Malak's betrayal and Bastila defeats him and takes him to the Council.

Yeah now I remember, plus god knows how many clues they actually give based on that too.

Back