11 (7.9%)
Rainbow Dash
30 (21.6%)
Rarity
17 (12.2%)
Fluttershy
33 (23.7%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Author Topic: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic  (Read 729712 times)

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
« Reply #7240 on: August 18, 2017, 10:31:12 PM »
dang, i was really holding out for an r-rated my little pony movie

Ralsei

• Wizard and prince(ss?)
  • Dry Bowser
  • JohnRoberts
  • Fluffy boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: August 19, 2017, 12:45:50 AM »
Same, I was hoping for some /mlp/ thread simulator stuff.

Northern Verve

• Princess of Magic
  • Star Spirit
  • SonicMario
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: December 19, 2017, 03:37:03 PM »
Been a long while since I posted anything here. But some important stuff has come up lately.

Though I should first mention some short thoughts about Season 7 and the Movie.

Season 7 was fun. I think it was good enough to be just under Season 2 to take 3rd place in my ranking of the seasons. Plenty of good moments especially with the episode about Applejack's pretty much confirmed deceased parents (They don't tell how they died, but just from the tone of the episode it's pretty obvious that they are dead)

The movie is good for what it is. It isn't going to impress anyone who wasn't a fan already. And even fans could find reason to nitpick with it. But it manages to capture some of the core things fans like about the show good enough. Just there is the caveat that there are a decent amount of episodes that are probably better overall products then this movie. The animation is really nice though. Refreshing to see a more 2D animated film in theaters with so much over saturation of 3D as of late.

But anyway the big news this week is there was a huge leak this past weekend of plans for MLP in the coming years. From next year with Season 8 all the way to 2020-2021. And from the looks of it, Friendship is Magic/Generation 4 as a whole will officially end after a ninth season. And will be replaced by an all-new Generation 5 in 2020. So as of now the show currently running has only 2-3 years left. I'll surely miss it when it's over, but I'm sure by the time it ends myself and other fans will know that 9 Seasons, a feature-length film, and a decently successful spin-off (Equestria Girls) makes for a really good run.

As for the Generation 5 that will replace it, I'm not really sure if it'll be a good follow-up. For one it'll be CGI animated which as I mentioned regarding the movie I already mentioned 3D is over saturated. I think part of the appeal of FiM was the simple but effective designs that moved well in flash. It's far easier to make things look uncanny in 3D. There's other things that are a bit strange and don't know how to feel about. Though that may count as spoiler territory. If you're curious just ask me about it somewhere.

Revenant Archagent

• Back in Action
  • King Bowser
  • ArchagentEverlasting
  • Your favorite travel guide guy
    • View Profile
    • Travel Guide with Archagent
« Reply #7243 on: March 12, 2018, 12:39:36 AM »
I have one major concern for Gen 5:

Discord not coming back.

Discord is easily my favorite character in the whole show.

The Golden Yoshi

• Actual Sword Master.
  • Sparky
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: May 13, 2018, 07:41:43 AM »
I like it.

Truth be told, I've been away from this forum for a long time. In the time that I've been away, I saw the first episode of this show. Then I saw the second, third and before I knew it, I've finished Season 7.

I have around 30 or so pieces of merchandise.

Revenant Archagent

• Back in Action
  • King Bowser
  • ArchagentEverlasting
  • Your favorite travel guide guy
    • View Profile
    • Travel Guide with Archagent
« Reply #7245 on: May 13, 2019, 05:18:19 AM »
I have just finished catching up, Season 8 fixed my big problem with Season 7:

Lack of Discord