Which Powerups would you like to see return?

SparksMarioWiki

Mario fan and brony!
Wiki Patroller
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Sparks
No poll because there's so many to think about…

Anyways, there's so many Powerups in the Mario universe, but some of them only appeared in one game and maybe a few more. Which would you like to see make a comeback? I personally want to see the Gold Flower again. It's so fun to turn everything to gold WHILE you're golden!

>Hammer Suit mentioned
>Red Star mentioned

think thread's about done now. mayyyyybe put something like King Dragon Wario in a game? idk i can't think of any other fan-favorite old power-ups

VBWL_KingDragonWario.png

if the thread isn't limited to just power-ups that haven't appeared in 15+ years, then i'd like to see tanooki mario in every platformer

SMG Ice Mario was awesome, I wish they'd bring that back. The Red Star is objectively the best powerup with the least appearances, it would be so fun to have that one appear again.

1715363723891.png

Always loved the design of this suit would want to see it back in another Mario title.

Blue Shell, like the one in New Super Mario Bros. Whatever they did in Super Mario 3D World isn't the same since it relies on Koopa Troopas to exist to use it and you can't use it outside that.

Thank you for reading.

I would enjoy a return of the NSMB DS Blue Shell.

I wouldn't mind the Cloud Flower coming back, either. It felt fun to use, has all the exploration-encouraging energy of the various flight power-ups while not blowing the lid open on levels quite as much, and differentiates itself by making temporary platforms.

You might have to dial it back a bit, but I could even see it translating to 2D well enough.

I hope we get the Drill Mushroom back too. Is it probably the least useful of Wonder's power-ups? Sure. Does it also feel charming and satisfying to use in my books? You bet it does.

Back