Times the Mario Wiki did irrepairable damage to our society

Koopa con Carne

call me Hot Lips, 'cause i'm a one-shot wonder
MarioWiki
Koopa con Carne
Post any instance you can think of when false/inaccurate information from the Mario Wiki propagated so deeply in the Mario fanbase that it ended up being what people generally accept as true to this day.

What I can think of:
1. (Kinda) the whole English Mario Encyclopedia thing, with fan-made names making it into licensed print
2. For a long while, the wiki grouped Mario Kart courses debuting in a particular game as "Nitro Courses" in order to distinguish them from those that returned from a previous title (Retro Courses). The term's liberal usage was largely misguided, as it officially only applies to Mario Kart DS's new courses. However, I'm still seeing people in Mario Kart communities use "Nitro" to refer to any newly-added course (in Tour, for instance).

1678152154720.png

Society was never the same.

Megavitamins being used to call the capsules in Dr. Mario. This term originated from Dr. Mario 64 but it's not explicably used for the capsule pieces (they call those vitamins or vitamin capsules, even in the very same game). Super Smash Bros. Melee uses Megavitamins and because of how much more popular it is than the entire Dr. Mario series, it seems to be called that. The article was originally about the Smash move but was mutated into being about the capsule pieces in the Dr. Mario gameplay, until I have to correct that misnomer because I find Megavitamin to be practically unused for it.

I don't know if people use Megavitamins to call the capsules now, but I hope that not too much damage is done due to Dr. Mario's relative lack of popularity compared to Smash Bros.

Thank you for reading.

Back