2001: A Mario Odyssey

He can then marry Luigi Peach and they can have a happy ending.

Okay, I sounded like a baby after watching the reveal, and now I sound like a new-born baby. Is this it? Is Nintendo finally deciding to go back to the old days of meyro?

GalacticPetey said:
memoryman3 said:
Wait....so existing Mario series amiibo work.

Let's see Mario crossdressing as Daisy!
:mario: :daisy:
Your Daisy fetish is out of control

It will become reality on October 27th! There's a 95% chance that Daisy's amiibo will work. This is not a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe situation. Even Hey Pikmin, a completely unrelated game, has full Daisy amiibo support.

Plumber Peach said:
Okay, I sounded like a baby after watching the reveal, and now I sound like a new-born baby. Is this it? Is Nintendo finally deciding to go back to the old days of meyro?

Well, during the old days, you WERE a baby, so I say that's perfectly normal.

During the old days, I wasn't exactly born for that matter. I began existing in the dying breath of the N64.

GalacticPetey said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Sooooo Pauline made a cameo on this, she is the singer!

How cool is that.
According to the treehouse she's also the mayor
So DK lost the election.

And Goomba and Koopa Troopa amiibo!

also
Some previously released amiibo will also be compatible with this title. Tap supported amiibo to receive gameplay assistance—some amiibo will also unlock costumes for Mario when scanned!
Guessing that scanning the Super Mario amiibo will make them appear in the game for Mario to "capture", while non-Mario amiibo unlock costumes.

J-Yoshi64 said:
Okay, so I recovered from my fanboying.

*img*

Could this be a Tokotoko? I mean, it even has sunglasses.

Well I doubt it, considering that the appearance isn't the same and they lack arms.

All the hats, all the costumes. All the greatness.

Somebody hold me.

King Candy said:
Super_Mario_Odyssey_-_Box_NA.jpg

I find it odd that the official box art has what appears to be in-game screenshots on the front.
Not entirely! I don't think the T Rex would be usable in New Donk City.

I breath the amiibos. I feel the amiibos.

Goombas, koopas, wedding suits galore.

Give me happiness, give me more.

It would be rather surprising to see Pauline, but not Rosalina in this game. Though considering how frequently Rosalina is seen nowadays, I think that's unlikely to happen.

Rocket Raccoon said:
i like when mario took control of a regular-ass everyday human
Stealth mission where you have to sneak into an office building

Rocket Raccoon said:
i like when mario took control of a regular-ass everyday human

Homo nintendus making evolution take its rightful course

im still pretty unsure of the game's visual style in some of the more realistic areas, but holy shit this game is looking fantastic

Nabber said:
im still pretty unsure of the game's visual style in some of the more realistic areas, but holy shit this game is looking fantastic
I actually love the style changes

The year is 2020. Pauline has joined Princess Peach and Rosalina as the three most recurring female characters in the Mario franchise, appearing in every spinoff. Meanwhile, Daisy, a forgotten relic, only appears occasionally in the Mini Mario vs. Tatanga series.

This looks awesome. I was surprised that it's coming out in late October. I expected it to be November or even December. This is shaping up to be the best Mario platformer since Super Mario Galaxy.

Back