2001: A Mario Odyssey

I'd love to see the metal cap, but I think that's not likely to happen.

Helicopter Cap: propels Mario through the sky
X-ray Cap: lets him see through things
Exploding Cap: lets him throw his hat and it will explode after a short time like a Bob-omb
PSI Cap: lets him perform psychic abilities such as levitation and telekinesis (maybe hypnosis and/or bodysnatching too)
Vampire Cap: turns him into a vampire, he can temporarily become a bat and killing enemies refills health; however, he can only be used in darker levels

PeanutButterGamer said:
Not sure if this was already discussed, but I had a cool idea.

The hat is central piece of the game, so what if there were other caps Mario could wear? They would retain the basic moves of the Crazed Cap (which I think is what it's called?): the boomerang, jumping off of it, etc. It'd be cool to see the Wing, Metal, and Vanish Caps return as power-ups, plus some additional ones like a Fire Cap or an Ice Cap (you can probably tell what the inspiration for those are). Considering Mario walks into hat stores which are seen in several areas, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Any cap power-ups you'd like to see?

I think that's bound to happen, those Crazed Cap houses in each levels look like some kind of hat shop to me. And considering how they seem to be going full back to Mario 64/Sunshine gameplay, what's a better way to do that than bringing the hat mechanic back?

I'd like to see Mario 64 powerup hats back, plus maybe some old powerups in the form of caps (i.e Fire Mario becoming a Fire Cap or something)

edit: now that I think about it, Mario Odyssey won't be too far from Majora's Mask if this cap mechanic does exist. That sounds exciting!

Totally didn't think about Majora's Mask! I doubt Mario will turn into a Goron at any point, but I'd like to see some transformations happen if possible. I see it more working like Super Mario 64 DS, though. The character has to have a cap of some kind.

Have Baby Mario's hat so he can turn into Baby Mario. Also would be a fun exercise to try to tell the difference between the two hat models (yes they use two different models)

I just got this in: have the hat transforming mechanic from Super Mario 64 DS :P

my god

its full of mario

Website's cool, but it's fully written in Japanese. Is there an English version? Not that this would be necessary, since the images say it all.

The 3D/2D transition looks awesome. Game looks super fun but that guy on the stream was like the worst Mario player ever

>not maining Taxi Mario

The entire course of human history has led to us being able to play as a cartoon fat Italian plumber flying to different worlds and controlling realistic dinosaurs with a living hat while battling a turtle dragon man and rabbits.

What a time to be alive.

I like how the bouquet Peach held was filled with Piranha Plants.

Wonderful that Pauline gets some sort of appearance. I hope Donkey Kong does the same.

Re: Super Mario Odyssey

J-Yoshi64 said:
I'm hoping for Pauline to have a minor role because of New Donk City's Donkey Kong references. I know, it's wishful thinking.
GalacticPetey said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Sooooo Pauline made a cameo on this, she is the singer!

How cool is that.
According to the treehouse she's also the mayor
*fanboying, please call back later*

I like the part where Mario takes control of a taxi.

Reize said:
The entire course of human history has led to us being able to play as a cartoon fat Italian plumber flying to different worlds and controlling realistic dinosaurs with a living hat while battling a turtle dragon man and rabbits.
nah

Back