What obscure/forgotten characters would you like to see in a new Mario game?

Mcmadness said:
Ninelevendo said:
That would actually be cool, just update the design to look more modern and less GameCube-era-ish.

Like this?

Yeah that thing looks decent, completely forgot about this game tbh.

winstein said:
Personally, I would like to see Donkey Kong Jr. make another appearance alongside Donkey Kong, because not only is he a classic character that didn't appear for a long time, he's a playable classic character.
Isn't Doneky Kong Jr. Cranky Kong's father now or something?

Donkey Kong Jr. is Diddy Kong for all intents and purposes, which I why I think Donkey Kong Jr. is scrapped.

Striker Mario said:
Donkey Kong Jr. is Diddy Kong for all intents and purposes, which I why I think Donkey Kong Jr. is scrapped.

I think you are right, as Diddy was originally intended to be a redesign of Donkey Kong Jr., but Nintendo did not want Rare to let that happen and yet, DK Jr. pretty much disappeared since Mario Tennis on the N64. I also read on a page on TV Tropes (though I'm doubtfoul about this) that Diddy was intended to appear in the game, but was replaced by DK Jr., since Camelot were unsure if they could use Diddy, as he was created by Rare.

Even though Luigi's current form is already set in stone, I would love to see some Green Mario. I know what you are thinking: Luigi is Green Mario! Well, I am thinking more of the second player character you play as in Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) and Super Mario World (original). Basically a palette swap of Mario where Luigi looks completely like Mario, albeit with different clothe colours.

Thanks for reading.

Magikrazy said:
So wait. You want Luigi to lose his personality?

No, I am not. I have a certain fondness for Green Mario because that was how Luigi looked like before he becomes the thinner and taller brother, so if there is a return of Green Mario, that would be really cool, even though Luigi is considered the superior choice since his different stature is more beneficial for gameplay.

Thanks for reading.

dark enemies
they could be immune to fire, ice, gravity, physical attacks, light, lightning, earthquakes, hypnosis and water, meaning they must be defeated by a new character

tardograd2 said:
dark enemies
they could be immune to fire, ice, gravity, physical attacks, light, lightning, earthquakes, hypnosis and water, meaning they must be defeated by a new character

k

Just for clarification, this thread isn't for new enemies or characters to appear in new games; this thread is for old, obscure characters no longer used in the Mario franchise, for instance, Wart and Tatanga. Also, I'm sorry, but those enemies are hideously overpowered. I'm pretty sure you don't know what nerfing is, do you?

TheCapeLuigi said:
tardograd2 said:
dark enemies

k

Just for clarification, this thread isn't for new enemies or characters to appear in new games; this thread is for old, obscure characters no longer used in the Mario franchise, for instance, Wart and Tatanga. Also, I'm sorry, but those enemies are hideously overpowered. I'm pretty sure you don't know what nerfing is, do you?

I mean that we could buff the enemies to serve as an evil force requiring teamwork to defeat

tardograd2 said:
I mean that we could buff the enemies to serve as an evil force requiring teamwork to defeat

That still doesn't change the fact that your post doesn't belong in this thread.

Grunty Industries said:
I'd like Galoombas becoming playable in a future Mario Baseball game.

Huh, that would actually be pretty neat. Although, wouldn't they pretty much just be the same thing as Goombas? I couldn't imagine what kind of stats would change between a Galoomba and a Goomba...

I mean, there are minor stay differences between color variations of characters, so I'd say it's not that much of a stretch.

TheCapeLuigi said:
Huh, that would actually be pretty neat. Although, wouldn't they pretty much just be the same thing as Goombas? I couldn't imagine what kind of stats would change between a Galoomba and a Goomba...

Super Sluggers has like 8 different Yoshis with different stats.

Grunty Industries said:
TheCapeLuigi said:

Super Sluggers has like 8 different Yoshis with different stats.

... That's a lot of Yoshis.

I guess that when trying to make a large cast of characters for a Mario spinoff, different character variants and colors are usually what they target. Huh.

Bowser Jr. is a prick and everyone knows it, and since I don't like that I think they should bring back his better predecessor Koopa Kid.

TheCapeLuigi said:
tardograd2 said:

That still doesn't change the fact that your post doesn't belong in this thread.

well, its not the only one

Bob McKenzie said:
Bowser Jr. is a prick and everyone knows it, and since I don't like that I think they should bring back his better predecessor Koopa Kid.

I don't know how we went from the likes of the Koopalings, who are clever, devious, and mischevious, and the Koopa Kids, to Bowser Jr. Feels like an insult to me.

tardograd2 said:
TheCapeLuigi said:

I don't even understand the context of this sentence, unless you're saying all the other posts that clearly relate to the thread have nothing to do with it

if so, you're very mistaken

Luigi 64DD said:
How about... Boshi? :boshi:

My life will not be complete until we get a Wario platformer with Waluigi and Boshi.

Sadly, Square Enix owns Boshi, so we're probably NEVER going to see him any time soon. Regardless, I wish that Nintendo would buy the rights for the SMRPG characters, since they're pretty much the only original Mario characters that look like they're from Mario, and aren't just recolored versions of normal Mario enemies with clothes slapped on them. Although you could say that goes the same for Boshi, SMRPG was the first time it occurred, and Paper Mario just oversaturated it. Just my thoughts, though.

Still, here's to hoping for Boshi to at least get a cameo or something in a Warioware game. I'll take anything at this point.

TheCapeLuigi said:
tardograd2 said:
TheCapeLuigi said:

I don't even understand the context of this sentence, unless you're saying all the other posts that clearly relate to the thread have nothing to do with it

if so, you're very mistaken

the green mario suggestion is just 'let's overhaul a well-known character because hardware liitations didn't exist'

tardograd2 said:
the green mario suggestion is just 'let's overhaul a well-known character because hardware liitations didn't exist'

Technically, Green Mario is an obscure character, because it's an already used "character" (It isn't exactly a character, but you can never be too sure. After all, wasn't Metal Mario originally a transformation?) that hasn't been used since.

He also doesn't mean replacing Luigi; he never said that, not even once. Also, what you're suggesting is taking random, unspecified enemies (specification of the character or it's category in question is highly important for this thread, and generalization like "enemies" isn't really helpful for any readers) and making them overpowered as all heck and slapping them into a new game.

I'm pretty sure that's not why I made this thread. It seems as if your post was made with a "game idea" mindset and not really a "the character I'd want to see return" mindset. I'm not really sure.

TheCapeLuigi said:
Luigi 64DD said:
How about... Boshi? :boshi:

My life will not be complete until we get a Wario platformer with Waluigi and Boshi.

Sadly, Square Enix owns Boshi, so we're probably NEVER going to see him any time soon. Regardless, I wish that Nintendo would buy the rights for the SMRPG characters, since they're pretty much the only original Mario characters that look like they're from Mario, and aren't just recolored versions of normal Mario enemies with clothes slapped on them. Although you could say that goes the same for Boshi, SMRPG was the first time it occurred, and Paper Mario just oversaturated it. Just my thoughts, though.

Still, here's to hoping for Boshi to at least get a cameo or something in a Warioware game. I'll take anything at this point.
Hmm...I'm not sure how well he'd fit in a Wario game, but maybe. He could be put in a Yoshi's Island game, as a playable character, or maybe a minor villain. I could see him being one of the world bosses.

TheCapeLuigi said:
tardograd2 said:

Technically, Green Mario is an obscure character, because it's an already used "character" (It isn't exactly a character, but you can never be too sure. After all, wasn't Metal Mario originally a transformation?) that hasn't been used since.

He also doesn't mean replacing Luigi; he never said that, not even once. Also, what you're suggesting is taking random, unspecified enemies (specification of the character or it's category in question is highly important for this thread, and generalization like "enemies" isn't really helpful for any readers) and making them overpowered as all heck and slapping them into a new game.

I'm pretty sure that's not why I made this thread. It seems as if your post was made with a "game idea" mindset and not really a "the character I'd want to see return" mindset. I'm not really sure.
I think he really likes overpowered characters. Just look at his "vanilla mario sucks" thread in Mindless Junk. About Green Mario, I'm not sure what the point of "bringing him back" would be. Maybe as a Smash recolor. In any case, this gives me an excuse to post this:

aRg2LFr.png

TheCapeLuigi said:
I don't know how we went from the likes of the Koopalings, who are clever, devious, and mischevious, and the Koopa Kids, to Bowser Jr. Feels like an insult to me.

Jr actually has a personality who did more clever, devious and mischievous things in his first appearance than the koopalings have their entire career.

Mcmadness said:
Jr actually has a personality who did more clever, devious and mischievous things in his first appearance than the koopalings have their entire career.

That's because for whatever reason Nintendo tends to (from my observations) treat all the Koopalings as one character instead of seven; as a result, not a lot of personality is developed for each of them individually, meanwhile Bowser Jr. takes home the gold.

Back