Undertale (plz click this topic <3)

Does the Butterscotch Pie piece ever come in handy, or am I free to use it when I'm in a pinch?

I can guess that some special things happen if I keep the snowball piece, but I'm not sure about the pie piece.

I'm at the save point right after you defeat the mad dummy btw

as far as I can tell the pie is just a normal pie

not sure about the snowball, I accidentally ate it on my first run

the pie does actually have a special function but it would be big spoilers to explain specifically what it does. the function is nothing of major importance, though

if you are holding the snowman piece when you defeat the final boss it changes the ending in a minor way

I hung on to it for sentimental reasons.

It actually turned out to be helpful in the long run for me, so I'm glad I decided to do it.

2257 said:
1. don't kill anyone
2. be friends with undyne
3. get the neutral good ending where nobody dies except asgore and possibly flowey
4. walk back to snowdin and talk to undyne
5. it's more or less self explanatory at that point

to be friends with undyne:
1. kill no one (which youre already doing if youre going for the best ending obv.)
2. be friends with papyrus
3. running from her is ok (this is the only way to defeat her non-lethally, so you have to do it)
4. when she faints in hotland, bring her water
5. go to her house, which is west of napstablook's
6. papyrus will be there and he'll trick her into letting you into the house
7. its pretty much impossible to fuck up this next part i think, but you'll know you did it right when you have an option on the menu to call "papyrus and undyne" instead of just papyrus

also i dont want to do a genocidal run either. i just watched it on youtube (but flowey still knew)
so you can kill asgore? in my first run i tried to spare him

edit: is the bandage also important?

i've actually never tried killing asgore. i assume it doesn't matter since he dies even if you mercy him

i think there's some specific combination of actions you can take that will cause flowey to not show up at the end and kill him, but even in that situation he just ends up dying of his wounds

the bandages have no special function that i know of, but i think they have plot significance. i'm not going to say what it is though, because im not sure where you are in the game

i already finished a first run of the game, i just didn't get the good ending and thought i had to replay the game to get it so now i'm replaying it

though now i can actually keep the snowman piece and the cinnascotch pie so that's good

ok then yeah i shouldnt tell you, its spoilers for the pacifist ending

I finished a full pacifist run of the game and got the best ending.

It's too bad I changed my name a couple days ago. Might have been funny to do an Undertale thing.

there's always next month. i don't really know whether i'd want to be papyrus or sans, they're both great

also i'd kind of like to know about the bandages, i didn't notice anything relating to them during the pacifist ending. i didn't have one in my inventory though

its just that frisk starts out in bandages, and if after defeating asriel you go back to "your" coffin in asgore's basement you find that its full of bandages

Turboo said:
there's always next month. i don't really know whether i'd want to be papyrus or sans, they're both great

also i'd kind of like to know about the bandages, i didn't notice anything relating to them during the pacifist ending. i didn't have one in my inventory though
i either want papyrus or napstablook

or maybe mettaton

all of the characters in this game are great though

I'd probably take Alphys because I've been told I am really good at being rotund, yellow lizards.

obviously if he's alphys i have to be undyne

so i just got the true ending and oh my god that's seriously one of the greatest endings i've ever played. though i just realized i forgot to take the pie and snowball out of the dimensional box so i don't know what those do

the pie

weakens asgore if you eat it in front of him, because the smell reminds him of toriel

the snowball

changes sans's ending narration. instead of saying "i'll just leave a message" or whatever, he says something like "just calling to say you made a snowman very happy"

thats for the neutral ending though. for the pacifist ending i'm not sure what function they have, if any

oh lol okay

again, way too attached to these characters to do a genocidal run. glad i finally got some more dialogue out of undyne because originally she seemed to be a really flat character but now i love her

the writing in this game is just so good... i love everyone, they're all really great

the ending seriously is amazing though. i'm glad how upbeat it is while still feeling genuine. at this stage of my life i really needed something like that

also the rainbow effects + music were great

the true lab was really fucked up and it was a really great addition to the game

anyway, one more question (or i guess technically two)
so when replaying the game, i managed to get sans to give me the key to his room and... got another key there. and then there's the key i bought in the back alley by the hotel

where do they go? i tried a few doors but none seemed to do anything

Nabber said:
anyway, one more question (or i guess technically two)
so when replaying the game, i managed to get sans to give me the key to his room and... got another key there. and then there's the key i bought in the back alley by the hotel

where do they go? i tried a few doors but none seemed to do anything

The key you get in sans' room opens a door that is hidden behind his house. Just try to walk behind the house from the left side.

The mystery key opens the door to the house next to that of Napstablook. You have to use it from the menu, I think.

the latter can also be used on

the door west of snowdin

it doesn't work, but you get a funny message

Nabber said:
again, way too attached to these characters to do a genocidal run.

Then it's a really good idea not to do a genocide run, not just because you will have to kill all the characters you've become attached to, but...

...the end of the genocide path requires you to give up your soul if you want to be able to replay the game. Doing that permanently taints your game and will negate every happy ending you will get from that point on.

Like, because you sold Frisk's soul, every time you get the good ending afterwards, it will end with the protagonist from your genocide playthrough possessing Frisk and it's implied they go on a murderous rampage soon after that.

So really, a genocide run will not only be super uncomfortable while in progress, it will also ensure the characters you've grown to like will never be happy again. Unless maybe you delete the game and reinstall it? I don't know.

ill probably follow after 22 and just watch a play through on YouTube so I'll look at those spoilers later

Here's the video I watched.

If it didn't use the same set pieces, it'd be barely recognizable as the same game.

yeah I figured a genocidal run would be really different

my friend seems to have her heart out on doing a genocidal run because she claims video games have desensitized her and she wants the EXP and I can't wait until she gets to sans and realize how awful her choice was

That's another reason why I can't do a genocide run. I am actively rooting for the bonus bosses to kick the shit out of the protagonist.

There's no incentive to get good enough to get past Undyne the Undying if you want her to win against you. Let alone Sans.

EDIT:

Marowak is doing a genocide run. I can't wait for him to get dunked on.

wow this fucking game makes fun of me for watching a let's play of it, unbelievable

sans is... intense, wow.

Back