The Smash 4 Wii U Direct/Livestream will reveal 50 new things about the game...

GalacticPetey said:
Gen 1 is the most popular gen and it makes the most sense to have the most characters.

To be honest, it's better than Brawl where you technically had 5 + the Pokemon Trainer based on Red.

But yeah, Gen I may be popular, but they may also add things based on sales and relevance to what came out between Smash games and the newest stuff.

I mean, two of the Pokemon are from the original SSBB when only Gen I was out, and then Gen I & II when Melee was out, and a lot of the characters from Pokemon are from 64 and Melee, and all the new additions (other than Pokemon Trainer and such) are from later generations (Lucario and Greninja). 3 of the 4 are from Melee and before, which as I said didn't have many choices to chose from, and the Gen II Pokemon thankfully was not brought back.

A possible reason why some characters from other series are not playable is likely because they are non-playable(they can still make up moves, but will not be easy) or it can be based in popularity or because they are too similar to a existing playable character.

Correct me if any errors.

Look at it
NJuHDNT

Northern Verve said:
Considering Mewtwo is basically Extra I don't really count him among the same rules as the initial roster. After release characters I feel don't really have to bide to the rules of representation because Nintendo will choose who they think alot of people would be interested in adding in their game. And Mewtwo is a veteran from Melee almost everybody that's a fan of their Smash Bros. series and their Dog wanted. I consider Mewtwo more of a bone being thrown to those who are buying both versions then just another Pokemon rep.
I agree with this. Also, did you tally up how many predictions were correct?

Back