The Smash 4 Wii U Direct/Livestream will reveal 50 new things about the game...

MEWTWO DLC

GREAT CAVE OFFENSIVE AND MIIVERSE STAGES

EDIT: I'm actually really liking the stage selection, because it seems like they're giving everyone 1 new stage and 1 retro stage instead of getting lazy and throwing in a bunch of retros.

Oh, no, I'm not paying for Mewtwo. He has to be free or no deal.

Sylveon said:
Sonicmario can you use this yellow instead. it's more easier on the eyes.
Eh, it still looks terrible on my monitor.

Then, yay, I guess?

Mewtwo is still kind of lame.

Cirdec said:
How is Mewtwo lame? He was like the most requested character to come back.
That's exactly what makes it lame.

Dr. Mario said:
Cirdec said:

Highly requested characters making it in makes it lame?

I wouldn't of cared either way if Mewtwo came back or not. But I'm certainly happy for those who did really want him. It's a perk of Nintendo using what this generation of Gaming is capable of doing now. If this were in Brawl's days or earlier, they'd delay the game just to get enough time to include Mewtwo. Like how Sonic's last minute inclusion probably was a part of the reason Brawl took longer to get here then it did. Or they'd once again drop him very much like... well... Mewtwo himself in Brawl. But now they're utilizing stuff like this the right way as they're now capable of adding some good stuff even after the game releases. There may not even be a "Forbidden 7" type thing this time around as most characters that Sakurai tried to get in the game can now be finished after release.

You're entitled to your thoughts about not caring that much about Mewtwo. But the least you could do is be happy for the good amount of people who will be getting who they wanted to return the most next Spring.

Northern Verve said:
Dr. Mario said:
Cirdec said:

I wouldn't of cared either way if Mewtwo came back or not. But I'm certainly happy for those who did really want him. It's a perk of Nintendo using what this generation of Gaming is capable of doing now. If this were in Brawl's days or earlier, they'd delay the game just to get enough time to include Mewtwo. Like how Sonic's last minute inclusion probably was a part of the reason Brawl took longer to get here then it did. Or they'd once again drop him very much like... well... Mewtwo himself in Brawl. But now they're utilizing stuff like this the right way as they're now capable of adding some good stuff even after the game releases. There may not even be a "Forbidden 7" type thing this time around as most characters that Sakurai tried to get in the game can now be finished after release.

You're entitled to your thoughts about not caring that much about Mewtwo. But the least you could do is be happy for the good amount of people who will be getting who they wanted to return the most next Spring.
I guess I should happy, but I can't be when there is so much *bleep*ing about Mewtwo that I kind of have a morbid fascination of seeing Mewtwo fanboys having their desires eternally unsatisfied.

And I honestly don't think Mewtwo deserves to return either.

Dr. Mario said:
Northern Verve said:
Dr. Mario said:
Cirdec said:

I guess I should happy, but I can't be when there is so much *bleep*ing about Mewtwo that I kind of have a morbid fascination of seeing Mewtwo fanboys having their desires eternally unsatisfied.

And I honestly don't think Mewtwo deserves to return either.
Mewtwo being playable ends all the fanboys whining about him.

And Mewtwo is easily deserving. He's popular, famous, is one of two pokemon to have two Mega forms and is famous for being at one time considered the most powerful pokemon in existence. He is also the closest thing pokemon has to villain in Smash.

I don't think Mewtwo is really that deserving. It's iconic, sure, but that goes for a lot of other Pokemon. It all boils down to personal preference, but I really think characters like Lucas, Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers (if feasible) deserve way more than yet another rep than Gen 1.

If Charizard didn't screw up everything, I would've been okay with Mewtwo's return. So ultimately, I think I'm directing my hate gun towards that fat orange train wreck with wings.

the real problem with mewtwo is the fact that there are TOO MANY POKEMON to begin with.

It'd be different if we didnt have so many already, kinda like mario characters too.

I'd much rather have another character from a different franchise get representation, and im sure there are plenty to choose from.

Dr. Mario said:
If Charizard didn't screw up everything, I would've been okay with Mewtwo's return.
I've gotta agree with you here. Even though I'm estatic for Mewtwo's return, Charizard kinda fizzled out a bit of that. Charizard is too overrated, and we don't need 2 Gen 1 Pokemon reps.

we also don't need like 10 mario characters but that's a story for another day.

Robin said:
Stargazing said:
we don't need 2 Gen 1 Pokemon reps.

Actually, we have four (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Mewtwo) now.

yeah and thats most of the pokemon lineup.

It'd be different if we had just a rep for each gen though.

I have no issues with Mewtwo's return or Gen I's "overrepresentation". Frankly if I was in charge there would still be four Gen I Pokemon.

Smasher said:
I have no issues with Mewtwo's return or Gen I's "overrepresentation". Frankly if I was in charge there would still be four Gen I Pokemon.

no one listens to dial-up guy.

GalacticPetey said:
Gen 1 is the most popular gen and it makes the most sense to have the most characters.

yeah let's just ignore everyone else, that makes good representation.

Considering Mewtwo is basically Extra I don't really count him among the same rules as the initial roster. After release characters I feel don't really have to bide to the rules of representation because Nintendo will choose who they think alot of people would be interested in adding in their game. And Mewtwo is a veteran from Melee almost everybody that's a fan of their Smash Bros. series and their Dog wanted. I consider Mewtwo more of a bone being thrown to those who are buying both versions then just another Pokemon rep.

GalacticPetey said:
Gen 1 is the most popular gen and it makes the most sense to have the most characters.
But it shouldn't be the overwhelming majority of all pokes.

"Mario is the most popular Nintendo series and it makes the most sense to have the most characters and stages."

Back