Pokken Tournament

it's a pokemon fighting game made by the tekken guys over at namco

not a series crossover

Mario Party X said:
Cirdec said:
Suicune playable? The hell?
Why choose Suicune when they are better iconic legendaries such as Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Diancie?
The less humanoid Pokaymon, the better.

Rayquaza is too big lel.

Rayquaza can coil its body so it's not big.

Gardevoir and Pikachu are unsurprising but cool, but Suicune is pretty out there.

Cirdec said:
Why choose Suicune when they are better iconic legendaries such as Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Diancie?
lol 'iconic' and 'Diancie' in the same sentence.

Suicune is best, don't be jealous.

Looking at gameplay, the 2D plane parts looks pretty fun but the 3D run around and spam projectiles part looks lame and boring. It could turn out better than it looks but honestly I think I'd prefer just having that 2D plane type of battling for the entire match.

Maki Nishikino said:
Cirdec said:

Diancie has a Mega Evolution, the only Pokémon from Gen 6 to have one.

Cirdec said:
Maki Nishikino said:
Cirdec said:

Diancie has a Mega Evolution, the only Pokémon from Gen 6 to have one.
Diancie has also only appeared in the most recent generation, and as an event Pokémon at that. Mewtwo, Rayquaza, and Suicine are far more iconic.

Diancie still has a chance to appear, but:

They might include Hoopa and its Unbound form instead since they are more relevant now than Diancie.

Hoopa was revealed 10 months after Diancie, so following that logic, wait November for Volcanion.

I made a small roster. Based on the character select screen, we may have 14 playable characters.

H5Cb9IB.png

It's small, but unless the select screen changes or icons are smaller in the final version, this may be what we're looking at.

I did hear that while Tekken games do at first come out as Arcade only, they usually get a console release about a year or two after the Arcade version. So the same could be done with this game.

The console version also tends to have more content. So while 14 may seem kind of small, the console version may have some more and of course there's always DLC.

It's basically all but confirmed for a U.S. release because the trailer was posted and translated to English for you. Arcades arent as popular as they are in Japan so it'll be brought to Wii U. The controller is perfect for porting to the wii u.

It's not even really needed to 'hope' it'll come over because all signs point to it happening. Just wait patiently.

The person making the game already expressed interest in making this not a one time thing (look at all the money we could make from sequels!) because there's so much you could do with 600+ pokemon so I don't think there will be DLC, maybe a Pokken 2 if it sells well though. I don't think 14 is small anyway, more than I was expecting to happen.

Northern Verve said:
I did hear that while Tekken games do at first come out as Arcade only, they usually get a console release about a year or two after the Arcade version. So the same could be done with this game.

The console version also tends to have more content. So while 14 may seem kind of small, the console version may have some more and of course there's always DLC.
EEEVEELUTION DLC.

Back