Poll: What's the average age of a user here?

How old are you?

• <9

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.2%

Votes: 4 4.5%

Votes: 7 7.9%

Votes: 11 12.4%

Votes: 9 10.1%

Votes: 12 13.5%

Votes: 9 10.1%

Votes: 6 6.7%

Votes: 5 5.6%

Votes: 5 5.6%

• >24

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
Magikrazy said:
Good Cop and Bad Cop said:
Stargazing said:
i don't have a mental age because how the *bleep* do you calculate that
Magikrazy is the second-best *bleep*poster here. His mind works a bit differently from the rest of us.
Second best? Who's the first and how vulnerable are they?
Me. I am such a good *bleep*poster that I get disapproved for it!

oh then nevermind

Anyway, I think the youngest user we had was Sonicyay, who was 8. However, I'm probably wrong.

I joined when I was 9. I don't know my mental age but it feels like so much of my classmates are so immature so it is probably higher than my actual age but I don't know for sure.

Glitchy said:
I joined when I was 9. I don't know my mental age but it feels like so much of my classmates are so immature so it is probably higher than my actual age but I don't know for sure.
I feel more mature than my classmates too, but that's either because they're total idiots or I'm just intellectually arrogant (or a combo of both)

I think it stems from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

However, I was always told that I was a highly intelligent person by...a lot of people...so I am led to believe I am highly intelligent. As for maturity, some parts of me is immature for my age, other is more mature than my age, it's hard to say if I'm more mature than my peers than not, I'd say generally more immature in my case though, and my mental disorder doesn't help.

I was always told I was "mature for my age", and I believed it because most of my peers were terrible and I wasn't, but even if it was good by comparison, the way I behaved in my teens still makes me cringe upon reflection.

Time Turner said:
It's honestly kinda weird for me when I see this poll and realize that so many of you guys are much younger or much younger than me (16, close to 17), since I've always thought many people here were around my age. It's like... I'm telling jokes, having discussions, and playing games with people that I wouldn't even consider talking to in real life, and something about that just strikes me as dissonant.
I always assume everyone I talk to is 13-16, unless otherwise informed. Back when I joined at 16, most of my peers were my brother's age (13/14), although the age gap didn't bother me then and is even less of a "gap" now that we're all early 20s instead - of course, meanwhile, the gap between me and the current newcomers is significant now, although whether it shows (i.e. "omg, get me away from this dumb kid") or not (i.e. good conversations) just depends on what the user's like. IRL, I'm used to talking to people older than me thanks to my work; back when I was 16-19ish, the 20/30-year-olds tolerated me more than accepted me (while the 40+ bracket didn't treat me different, which was nice), but now it's less cliquey and my friends there range from 14-74 and nothing feels unnatural about it.

I can relate, Walkazo. It's weird how my mind works. I feel like I'm a 15-16 year-old right now, even though I'm 20. A lot of "adult" jokes pass over my head. Yet, my brother told me that my intelligence clearly surpassed my age. The psychiatrist did tell me that maturity delay is an aspect of ADHD, yet I can't stand immature adolescent boys. I'm more comfortable in college now, since it's much more mature. I wish I was in college earlier rather than languish in high school with these weirdos.

You can assume I'm 16. It won't really make a difference. :-[

Back