Will you get Amiibo?

Smashgoom202 said:
Maᴙio said:
You have to actually *make* the model to have it 3D printed, you dummy.
Well, aren't you just a bundle of joy... :-\
ah ha ha

yup, that's lgm for ya

At $10, I'll probably get the Samus one. The next cheapest Samus figure is $60, so I look at this as a deal.

Viridi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Maᴙio said:
ah ha ha

yup, that's lgm for ya
Miis just suck and have the diversity comparable to table salt grains. Miis are just... depressing-looking creatures.

Do whatever you want with your own rough caricatures, but I prefer mine being left alone.

Viridi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Maᴙio said:
ah ha ha

yup, that's lgm for ya
yah, javels.

Blissey said:
well, i'd think i'd need a wii u first before even considering amiibo
They have a collection appeal to it, though, so you don't necessarily need a Wii U if you just want some cool statues.

Maᴙio said:
Blissey said:
well, i'd think i'd need a wii u first before even considering amiibo
They have a collection appeal to it, though, so you don't necessarily need a Wii U if you just want some cool statues.

also they're planning on bringing it to 3ds in 2015 as well, so again you don't necessarily need the wii u for it

They look cool, I won't buy many. I might just buy one and get all the benefits from that single figure. I'm under the impression all of them will have the same features when used with Smash Bros. so I can get everything from just that one.

I'll buy more if they add anything worthwhile to them for other games (they said something about Mario Kart 8 didn't they?).

Mio Akiyama said:
They look cool, I won't buy many. I might just buy one and get all the benefits from that single figure. I'm under the impression all of them will have the same features when used with Smash Bros. so I can get everything from just that one.

I'll buy more if they add anything worthwhile to them for other games (they said something about Mario Kart 8 didn't they?).

And Captain Toad, YWW and MP10.

Bump.

Jue2ZdJ.png

Smash Bros. Amiibos are now available to pre-order on Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop and other places. They're $12.99 each, which isn't as bad as $15 like people were expecting, but not as good as the $10 I was hoping. Oh well, I plan on getting most of them (if not all of them) down the line. :V Pre-ordered the Kirby one only so far. :sleep:

Edit: Seems like it's a success so far. All of the Amiibos, minus Wii Fit Trainer, shot up into the Top 20 of Amazon pre-orders video-game wise, with Link, the most popular one (for some reason) being at #2.

I wanna get pacman and sonic amiibos. I've always wanted a little pal to fight and train with!

Rosalina's mine. If anyone buys one of her I'll gladly stab you in the face.

btw i'm joking you can buy one too

So I got my Link Amiibo all paid in full and ready for when it comes out.

I also plan to get a some other the others like Peach and Marth, and I hope they make ones for Rosalina, Robin, Lucina, Olimar, Zelda, and Greninja. I would love to have a trophy of them.

The only one's I would be interested in would be; Marth, Robin, Shulk, Falco and any/all Kid Icarus ones.

I liked Uprising a lot so I'm all for more stuff from that.

Glowsquid said:
Ultimately though, it's still locking away a feature behind a (physical) paywall, as minimal as it is. Games like Armored Core Silent Line had an AI training mode playable without needing to shell out more bucks for an add-on. There's no real pratical reason the AI leveling up would require the figurines to work.

(if AI traning isn't locked to amiibos in smash, disregard this post)
I'm pretty sure training isn't locked to Amiibo, considering the last Fridays pic of the day.

I'm just going to get Luigi, as long as he gets released and isn't horribly overpriced. If it does what I think it does and add a CPU that you can customise as well as train to your level, than it's probably worth it, and it would be pretty fun when playing against friends. Imagine a battle between two Amiibo figures. That would be fun to watch. Or maybe you and your friend on a team against your figures. Or you and your Amiibo against your friend and their Amiibo.

Am I over thinking this?

Stargazing said:
Rosalina's mine. If anyone buys one of her I'll gladly stab you in the face.

btw i'm joking you can buy one too
Can you break off the Luma and give it to me? I'll pay.
Just kidding. But Lumas are too cute.

It depends on the price and when it actually comes out, but I will most likely get it. I'm getting Smash 4 for Christmas so it will be good for that, and I also have Mk8 so that will be handy.

The characters I GET will depend on the price, the characters I'm generally out for are Luigi, Mario, Sonic, Greninja and Toon Link.

So apparently it's £11 for one Amiibo in some places online.

Yeah, I'm never buying any of these.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/what-is-amiibo/

confirmed to add characters to games

Back