Will you get Amiibo?

Cosmo the Spacedog said:
are you implying The Lone Ranger was crappy
Do cows moo?

...Also, you can apparently, Nintendo MIGHT offer custom figures, specifically figures based around your personal Miis!

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/13/nintendo-may-offer-custom-amiibo-figures/

Cosmo the Spacedog said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Cosmo the Spacedog said:
Do cows moo?
your opinion is crappy

also on topic i'm probably never going to get any amiibo thingys
Look, I know we're all entitled to our opinions, but how exactly is The Lone Ranger a good movie? At best, I see it as so bad it's good... if I one can overlook the obvious racial insensitivity of Johnny Depp's portrayal of Tonto, which... you know what, I just know someone's going to try an "disprove" me on that or whatever bullshit, so I'll stop here.

As far as Super Smash Bros. amiibos go, I'll obviously won't buy them all at once, I'll probably just buy characters I use more often at first.

Smashgoom202 said:
Cosmo the Spacedog said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Cosmo the Spacedog said:
Do cows moo?
your opinion is crappy

Look, I know we're all entitled to our opinions, but how exactly is The Lone Ranger a good movie? At best, I see it as so bad it's good... if I one can overlook the obvious racial insensitivity of Johnny Depp's portrayal of Tonto, which... you know what, I just know someone's going to try an "disprove" me on that or whatever bullshit, so I'll stop here.
Aha, I had you figured for one of those people.

Do you remember that video I linked to you about Lauren Faust/George Lucas comparison? Did you watch until the end, where they were laughing about the racial insensitivity issue in MLP? What did you think?

Viridi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Cosmo the Spacedog said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Cosmo the Spacedog said:
Do cows moo?
your opinion is crappy

Look, I know we're all entitled to our opinions, but how exactly is The Lone Ranger a good movie? At best, I see it as so bad it's good... if I one can overlook the obvious racial insensitivity of Johnny Depp's portrayal of Tonto, which... you know what, I just know someone's going to try an "disprove" me on that or whatever bull*bleep*, so I'll stop here.
Aha, I had you figured for one of those people.

Do you remember that video I linked to you about Lauren Faust/George Lucas comparison? Did you watch until the end, where they were laughing about the racial insensitivity issue in MLP? What did you think?
I don't know, and I don't care, because it is bullshit to be in the 21st century and NOT have Tonto be played but a pure Native American actor (and no, Johnny Depp "claiming to be 1/64th Native American or whatever does NOT count)! We're not at the point where a person of another ethnicity can play traditionally white characters are equally as bad as white actors playing characters of another ethnicity, because the pool of "minority" characters is ridiculous small compared to the endless ocean of traditionally white characters, so losing one of them is really, really bad compared to, say, casting a black person as Heimdall in the first Thor movie. Yeah, it's a double standard, but it's what I call a "necessary evil"; it's not exactly the best way to go about things but I'd rather try to combat this problem through any way we can until we finally DO reach the cultural checkpoint where pulling a stunt like this really IS equally as bad the other way around (and as for the MLP example, while it's not my biggest grip of Over a Barrel, it is still in the back of my mind, and I'd rather NOT try to have it resurface anytime soon, since I feel like Native Americans got it hard enough as it is).

Please, I do NOT want to argue about this, so just fucking drop it!

you know you could just not have replied at all and it wouldnt have come up

Smashgoom202 said:
Yeah, it's a double standard, but it's what I call a "necessary evil";
wow you went there

alright, i guess if you don't want to argue about it then i'll just classify you as "mindless liberal" and leave

AGAIN, custom amiibos, they're a thing:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/13/nintendo-may-offer-custom-amiibo-figures/

For those of you who are getting amiibos, you think you'd order a custom one?

---- no I hate Miis

But you could have yourself made as a figure, by Nintendo, that you can use in games! Doesn't that sound even slightly awesome?!

Smashgoom202 said:
But you could have yourself made as a figure, by Nintendo, that you can use in games! Doesn't that sound even slightly awesome?!

It does...

Honestly, I just want them because I can make a little trophy stand of my favorite characters. Probably going to have to limit it to my top favs, which will be sad, but totally worth it.

Definitely going to make sure I get Link, Rosalina, and Zelda though (iirc there are ones for Link but not Rosie or Zelda yet).

Smashgoom202 said:

nope.

It's a good sales thing i guess but nothing to get excited over.

Smashgoom202 said:

Meh. It might sell, I guess, but it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Smashgoom202 said:
honestly, tf2 hats are more awesome (and probably cost about the same)

Well, there'll be figures of the entire roster, so I'm down for a Mega Man figurine.

Better than how Capcom are treating him right now

Viridi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
honestly, tf2 hats are more awesome (and probably cost about the same)
So an computer-generated accessory is more interesting then an actual physical figure in your likeness made directly by Nintendo?

Geez, man, I would THINK the idea of a company going out of their way to craft a figure of you (or your Mii, whatever) would be impressive enough on it's own merits, but it feels like you guys are hard to please...

Viridi said:
i guess it's kinda cool but i'm not really narcissistic enough to want a figure of me
What about a figure of a Lincoln Mii? Or an Elijah Wood Mii? Or whatever Mii? Eh, maybe I just have a thing for collectables (as I said, I DO have quite a lot of Disney Infinity figures), not to mention if Nintendo really is taking commissions like this, that means you can pretty much request whatever type of Mii amiibo you want.

Smashgoom202 said:

I'm the opposite of the narcissistic type. I don't want a 3D representation of myself, especially not in a hideous caricature that's supposed to be me. If there's something custom in reality that I like, it'd be Spore-related.

If there was a custom Baby Luigi amiibo on the other hand.............well I could just save up for a 3D printer :P

Smashgoom202 said:
Geez, man, I would THINK the idea of a company going out of their way to craft a figure of you (or your Mii, whatever) would be impressive enough on it's own merits, but it feels like you guys are hard to please...
That sounds stupid and self-desecrating.

Smashgoom202 said:
Viridi said:
i guess it's kinda cool but i'm not really narcissistic enough to want a figure of me
What about a figure of a Lincoln Mii? Or an Elijah Wood Mii? Or whatever Mii? Eh, maybe I just have a thing for collectables (as I said, I DO have quite a lot of Disney Infinity figures), not to mention if Nintendo really is taking commissions like this, that means you can pretty much request whatever type of Mii amiibo you want.

3D printers are cooler. If we get that gigantic price tag out of the way....

You have to actually *make* the model to have it 3D printed, you dummy.

Not really. If you're smart and get a pre-made one like my beloved Baby Luigi, I don't need to "make" it.

Besides, I'd rather take the time to make something accurate than use a freaking Mii.

Maᴙio said:
Smashgoom202 said:
That sounds stupid and self-desecrating.

Maᴙio said:
You have to actually *make* the model to have it 3D printed, you dummy.
Well, aren't you just a bundle of joy... :-\

Back