Tomodachi Life-Finally For American, Europe !

Crackin355 said:
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/c4FWbi-Uave2T9R1h7SFzX0aoa-d4pgx

So that happened.

Um can't we do that by technically making a transgendered Mii or something?

I mean like making a male-looking female Mii marry a male Mii.

chillv said:
To be honest, I don't want LGBT relationships in this game series, ever, period. I even sent an email to Nintendo about it.
Not to sound homophobic, but I sort of agree. Having same-sex relationships that way would kind of redefine life simulation games.

Well they had same-sex marriage in a Japanese version of Harvest Moon (for females only) as a "best friend" system
It was removed in the western release

Drift said:
chillv said:
To be honest, I don't want LGBT relationships in this game series, ever, period. I even sent an email to Nintendo about it.
Not to sound homophobic, but I sort of agree. Having same-sex relationships that way would kind of redefine life simulation games.

Care to elaborate how that would be a bad thing?

Pink Gold Tubba Blubba said:
Drift said:
chillv said:

Not bad, just different. And it would take some getting used to.

Drift said:
Drift said:
chillv said:

But making same-sex relationships more mainstream would make it easier to get used to, would it not?

So how am I supposed to take that?

You're against the idea of including new concepts in anything because you don't want to get used to them? As in you're scared of change?

Drift said:
Having same-sex relationships that way would kind of redefine life simulation games.

You mean like how cult indie darling The Sims had had homosexual relationships since its first installment

Yeah, more games need to use that model (and really, Tomodachi Life could have). For those unaware, after being friendly to another Sim enough, you can enter a friendship, and from there, you can enter a romantic relationship. No gender preferences or sexuality option required.

Super Smash Misty said:
I was thinking that, but I was afraid of being criticized by Anton or something

Any criticism would not come from trying to find a loophole through the existing system, but rather

Drift said:
Drift said:
chillv said:

How "getting used to" homosexuality as a thing that exists is prioritized over allowing homosexuals and the like being able to play games without feeling like a second-class citizen.

Rather than being afraid of me criticizing you, how about you pay attention to what you're being criticized about and thinking about how you're coming off. A little thought put into what you're saying before you say it can avert any criticism.

Super Smash Misty said:
It would probably require a choice at the beginning between sexuality

Why would it have to be at the beginning and be a choice that's solidified? Why not, as others are saying, be like The Sims and if you're hangin' out with a fine lady and wanna WooHoo her then good on you go for it but then suddenly that guy down the road catches your eye good on you hit that too. Instead of having it be a rigid choice, just leave the field open for players to play the game how they want.

This all being said, I thought it was quite the slam in some article that I read with it stating that Nintendo has to catch up to EA, lolol

It looks like a neat idea, but I've never been able to get over how hideous I think Miis look in general, so I would be completely unable to enjoy the aesthetics of this game.
This. Miis look terrible no matter how elaborate their models are.

Mario4Ever said:
Yeah, more games need to use that model (and really, Tomodachi Life could have). For those unaware, after being friendly to another Sim enough, you can enter a friendship, and from there, you can enter a romantic relationship. No gender preferences or sexuality option required.
True. Those games gave players the choice to enter any type of relationships they like. If you don't like homosexual relationships, then don't have the character engage in one.

Further thing I said in chat that I should've added:

19:14 Anton{Politoed} but honestly I was thinking the same thing too
19:15 Anton{Politoed} just not in a
19:15 Anton{Politoed} "here's a way to make it so we don't have to add homosexuality"
19:15 Anton{Politoed} but rather "here's a temporary superficial fix while nintendo works on a patch/sequel"

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
It looks like a neat idea, but I've never been able to get over how hideous I think Miis look in general, so I would be completely unable to enjoy the aesthetics of this game.

Sometimes I like making messed up and bizarre Miis.

I have one that looks like a weird mole creature with stalk eyes and two faces, but I'm not sure if I can post it here.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:

Sometimes I like making messed up and bizarre Miis.

I have one that looks like a weird mole creature with stalk eyes and two faces, but I'm not sure if I can post it here.
Check this work of Mii art.

Daytripper-MiiM.png

20130727234353%21Daytripper-MiiF.png

The second is a girl. :3

C'mon, stalk-eye mole Mii, don't be shy. Join my family.

Well ok!

X5kiYOL.jpg

rcpA4cZ.jpg

S3aBF6Z.jpg

^I laughed at those.

These Miis are the best. They remind me of me and my sister's own Miis back home. :')

Back