Official Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Network Thread

Re: Official Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Network Thread (Believe in the Heart of the Cards)

Yeah, the Pendulums are not that powerful...yet. Wait till they make Scale 9 Pendulums. Then I will construct a dragon deck like no other.

Mio Akiyama said:
I'll just say, I really don't like pendulums.

I will show my disapproval by not putting any in my deck and winning without them.

Mister Fister stops for nobody.

I'm too lazy to understand them, so I'm not using any either. I'm apparently not missing out on too much right now, anyway, so I can live without them.

Yeah I am the only person excited about Pendulums in this Forum. Not surprised though. I wouldn't be so excited it if I didn't decided to watch random YouTube videos about how powerful they are.

Also, I plan to duel more tonight. I think I finally figured how to use Dueling Network and not have my Internet freeze every five minutes.

I understand them on a basic level. They are placed in the pendulum zones just like you would place a continuous spell card, the numbers between the red and blue values of each card (whatever spot they're on) dictate what level monsters you can pendulum summon (Lv4 <-> Lv8 = Pendulum Summon Lv5-7 monsters) once per turn. Then when pendulum monsters are destroyed they are put on the extra deck, which counts as on the field or something and can be used for shit like synchro and xyz.

I think there's some way to summon them from the extra deck without using them as synchro or xyz material but idk what that is. Something to do with pendulum summoning no doubt.

Well everything you said is right. Although DO NOT use them as XYZ material. Becuase when they are detatched they go to the graveyard and they stay there.

About the summoning from your extra deck: So when it comes time for you to be able to Pendulum summon, you can target the destroyed Pendulums in your extra deck and special summon them.

I see.

but monsters used as synchro materials are sent to the graveyard when synchro summoning too, so wouldn't that be the same as using it as a xyz material?

No, when Pendulums are used as Synchro material, they are sent from the field to the extra deck. DO NOT let people tell you otherwise.

You see, the reason why it doesn't work with Xyz material, is becase when a monster is material, they are not technically on the field. Becuase of this, they are sent directly to the graveyard and they stay there.

oh. OH. I thought you used them for synchro and Xyz only when they were on the extra deck. I didn't know you could use them for that while they were spell cards.

I see. so they aren't as versatile as I thought they were. I still don't like them regardless. At least the white and black on synchro and Xyz looks cool, the multiple colours on pendulum just looks funky.

Yeah I have to agre with you on that one.

Still, apparently Pendulums are following the same patterns tha thapened with Synchros and Xyz came out. And that is at first, nobody liked them, but with more cards and more understanding, they grew extremely popular.

The color scheme reminds me of mango smoothies. I don't like mango smoothies.

So a Dueling Network Tournament is happening for the awards! Everyone best be preparin'! :D

Yes! You cannot miss it. Prepare your decks. Spend 8 hours debating whether you should put one specific card in. Victory will be sweet.

Re: Official Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Network Thread (Awards tournament in the works!)

I can already see the hours I'm going to put into planning.

I can't. I will just use my Mister Fister deck, it's fine as it is.

Still can't beat harpies though.

I've been seriously close on a few occasions, but being able to finish it is difficult.

Toothless said:
You got lucky that I drew a bad hand.
^pretty much how I won with Synchrons that one time a while ago.

Pretty much how I win all my matches with you. But I enjoy the equal ground ones more since it's more even. It usually involves god damn dracossack thoughi hate that card

I hate card too, but I love playing with it. Also Big Eye is another boss XYZ card that sometimes is more useful that Dracossck. Rarely it is, but sometimes it is.

You showed me big eye's use during our duel. You took over a relatively weak monster but it definitely stopped my plans.

I ended up swapping out some Xyz cards and removing some sort of useless cards for some that can be used in more situations. The duel against you helped me fix some kinks in my Hand Deck. I would have liked to get some practice against your harpies though.

NSM, we need to play so I can see how I stack up against you before this tournament. I just played Ice and my deck does well against his.

Mio Akiyama said:
I just played Ice and my deck does well against his.

Pfft, that was the unpolished beast deck. You'll quake in your boots when you're messing with dinos.

Back