SSB Wii U & 3DS big-time rumor

Smashgoom202 said:
To give you a good idea, this was leaked January 10, 2014. Here's all the information that was translated:

Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
No new Star Fox characters.
Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
Villager has a female costume.
Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
Mewtwo returns.
Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
No new Kirby characters.
Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
No changes made to the EarthBound series.
All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
Snake returns.
Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.
Well, they didn't mention Reggie as a newcomer. Hmmmm...

Xpike said:
The babies are coming back for Mario Kart 8 because Nintendo needs to pad the rooster.
If you care about what amounts to taking the Muppet Babies idea and applying it to Mario characters but without any real...character put into them, then it's fine by me, but I'd doubt "trophies for the babies" are high on the Smash dev checklist

Yeah, right. That's what you think. It could have been easier for Nintendo to not put them in if padding was in their mind.

And are you seriously talking about character in Mario characters. I mean seriously? Does Nintendo honestly care if the characters have personality if they are making them trophies? I think relevance comes to mind first. They don't care otherwise. They can make whatever character they want into trophies.

Baby Luigi said:
Xpike said:
The babies are coming back for Mario Kart 8 because Nintendo needs to pad the rooster.
If you care about what amounts to taking the Muppet Babies idea and applying it to Mario characters but without any real...character put into them, then it's fine by me, but I'd doubt "trophies for the babies" are high on the Smash dev checklist

Yeah, right. That's what you think. It could have been easier for Nintendo to not put them in if padding was in their mind.

And are you seriously talking about character in Mario characters. I mean seriously? Does Nintendo honestly care if the characters have personality if they are making them trophies? I think relevance comes to mind first. They don't care otherwise. They can make whatever character they want into trophies.

Going along with Baby Luigi, they did have trophies for Baby Mario and (iirc) Baby Luigi in both Brawl and Melee.

And I agree with BLOF that just because you don't care about them doesn't mean that others feel the same way about you. I can name a lot of people that love the babies. Maybe not as their favorite, but up there.

Cirdec said:
Fake for me, it makes no sense Waluigi would have been considered while Daisy wasn't.

I think there is some sense in thinking of Waluigi for Smash before Daisy. But I believe all of this is kinda fruitless after Rosalina was chosen.

Regardless though, I fully expect Waluigi to return as an Assist Trophy. And Daisy likely once again relegated to an alt. color scheme for Peach and in the Trophy gallery.

Northern Verve said:
Cirdec said:
Fake for me, it makes no sense Waluigi would have been considered while Daisy wasn't.

I think there is some sense in thinking of Waluigi for Smash before Daisy. But I believe all of this is kinda fruitless after Rosalina was chosen.

Regardless though, I fully expect Waluigi to return as an Assist Trophy. And Daisy likely once again relegated to an alt. color scheme for Peach and in the Trophy gallery.

No, Waluigi never made appearance in a Wario game and has the same situation situation as Daisy, moreover he has less appearance than her. He wasn't even in MK7.

Anna said:
Going along with Baby Luigi, they did have trophies for Baby Mario and (iirc) Baby Luigi in both Brawl and Melee.

Baby Luigi had exactly zero trophies. All he had was a tiny sticker and it's him with Luigi

Cirdec said:
Northern Verve said:
Cirdec said:

No, Waluigi never made appearance in a Wario game and has the same situation situation as Daisy, moreover he has less appearance than her. He wasn't even in MK7.
slightly less appearance than daisy

they're both at about the bottom tier of "people who appear but don't have games of their own"

If Waluigi and Daisy can't even make a tiny appearance in a Mario platforming game, what makes you expect they'll have priority over characters such as Toad or Bowser Jr.?

Xpike said:
The babies are coming back for Mario Kart 8 because Nintendo needs to pad the roster.
Xpike said:
Nintendo needs to pad the roster.
Xpike said:
pad the roster

Why in hell would they need to pad the roster when there's such a big slew of awesome characters with cult followings who have been waiting to get in for years?

Padding a roster is for when there are literally no good choices left. Which isn't the case.

Cirdec said:
Northern Verve said:
Cirdec said:

Daisy's only appearance was in Super Mario Land. But from what seems to be the case, is that Nintendo ignores that and treats Daisy the same as Waluigi in terms of the Mario sports series.

Speaking of which, I think Waluigi could be considered because he could represent the sports, Mario Party, Mario Kart, etc. since he has so far remained exclusive to those games. (Personally I think MK7 is just going to be those oddities where we'll never know exactly why Waluigi was left out. I don't think it says anything about Daisy being first in line over Waluigi as much as do you believe Honey Queen or Metal Mario are above Waluigi just because he wasn't playable in the game yet they did?)

Another note, Waluigi is more popular then Daisy. Even if nearly half of it was because of the memes that Brawl in the Family created (Ex: TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!). You may disagree all you want, but I think more people would enjoy the crazy, skinny, and at times a very hilarious character (Daisy has nothing on the crotch chop) then (at this point) a third Mario princess.

Both aren't getting into Smash 4 as playable characters (And possibly not ever in an SSB game). But if the Mario series ever expanded in roster size in a future SSB game enough to include either Waluigi or Daisy. Daisy might have the seniority in technically being made first. But Waluigi has the personality that would make him a fun character to play as, more potential to have an unique fighting style (As Daisy would likely be a Luigified Peach), and the more popular choice.

infinite8 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
To give you a good idea, this was leaked January 10, 2014. Here's all the information that was translated:

Not gna quote it again.
Well, they didn't mention Reggie as a newcomer. Hmmmm...
It's clearly a fake then.

If Palutena's playable, I bet Sakurai's pissed.

We should wait and see if Nintendo requests the picture to be taken down. This is how the Godzilla fan base has been finding out if leaks are legit or not. If the pic has been taken down by the company, then it's legit.

Gene said:
Elsa said:
so uh, someone found/made a screenshot or two
img
i'm not going to jump right back on the hype train, but if this is true, that list is looking a whole deal more realistic now

Looks like a fake for me, mainly because Palutena's texture partly looks like it's been "cut out" from soewhere else. It's a good fake tho.
People from Smashboards and Neogaf have been trying to figure out where everything could've been taken from, but right now it appears that all of the stuff in it is 100% original, so it's either the best fake we've seen or a legit leak.

Elsa said:
Z3gaImA.jpg

i'm not going to jump right back on the hype train, but if this is true, that list is looking a whole deal more realistic now
I'm calling it fake, if only because they showed both the top and bottom screen, and we don't know exactly what either screen is going to be used for, and just looking at it, it seems silly to be using it the way they are.

I don't think Palutena fits entirely in with the art style. I'm not too sure why, but something just doesn't look right.

Maybe it could just be denial because I don't think Kid Icarus particularly needs a second representative.

Smashgoom202 said:
Elsa said:
Z3gaImA.jpg

I'm calling it fake, if only because they showed both the top and bottom screen, and we don't know exactly what either screen is going to be used for, and just looking at it, it seems silly to be using it the way they are.
Fake because you can't see the bottom screen? What?
Also, it doesn't seem silly at all to have the actual game on the top screen, seeing as how almost all of the 3DS games do exactly that.

I'm thinking this may very well be our first legit leak, though I'm not 100% convinced quite yet.

If it is fake it's probably the best fake so far.

Xpike said:
Fake because you can't see the bottom screen? What?
Also, it doesn't seem silly at all to have the actual game on the top screen, seeing as how almost all of the 3DS games do exactly that.
Uh, no, I've SEEN the bottom screen, it's basically Palutena doing a different pose:

smash_bros_palutena_staff.jpg

Also, someone pointed out that it might be her model from the AR cards.

Back