Nintendo 2DS

They really want to do whatever it takes to cut costs down lol

nsymon said:
This looks like a kids's toy not a proper handheld gaming system.
Well it does play 3DS games.

Which is why i'm probably going to get it.

Also I wonder how cheap this'll be on Black Friday.

But the 3DS looks like a proper system that people play on the go.

So it's bad because it doesn't look like a regular system?

nsymon said:
But the 3DS looks like a proper system that people play on the go.

That's the point of all handheld systems in existence

Renamon said:
I hope someone hacks this to get an emulator.
Actually, I'd love this console, because the reason above, The 2DS would be probably a lot easier to hack into an emulator, I'M WAITING TO SEE THAT.

2DS more like that's what we had in 2004
This is like the Xbox 1 all over again all over again
Video games industry is taking lots of steps back this generation

Meh, this stuff is for little kids, just to be fair to it. Hinges do break, and the design just reminds me of those blocky, round-edged children's books. I'd just LOL and move on.

see i'm going to defend this console RIGHT NOW

a. it's cheaper
b. i don't have a 3DS so this is a good thing to get for right now (also who really uses the 3D anyway)
c. LOOK AT THIS CHART

bildschirmfoto2013-08zcsjl.png

SO BASICALLY

it's between the 3DS and 3DS XL

sort of like a 3DS X or a 3DS L

I think it's a genius move, now all the casual gamers that though the 3DS was just a DS with 3D can get it right at a cheaper price.

Xpike said:
I think it's a genius move, now all the casual gamers that though the 3DS was just a DS with 3D can get it right at a cheaper price.

and all the people who couldn't afford a 3DS can get one now, even if it is in 2d only

gah, i'm so torn

i really want a 3DS, but i'd rather have a better designed system than this

I just found out about this and I was expecting it to be a joke....

It wasn't a joke.

(Besides the fact on how it looks it could potentially sell for the younger portion of players.)

I don't think it's fair to judge it from our perspective, honestly, especially when it's supposed to be marketed toward a younger age.

Mario Party X said:
I don't think it's fair to judge it from our perspective, honestly, especially when it's supposed to be marketed toward a younger age.
I don't know about you but I plan to buy like 20 of those because I think it's adorable

Well, children like adorable things (I'm not saying that you're a child; if you think it's cute, then just imagine a kid holding the thing).

Mario Party X said:
Well, children like adorable things (I'm not saying that you're a child; if you think it's cute, then just imagine a kid holding the thing).
I imagine it would be to bulky for a child to hold comfortably (also i'm like 7)

Crocodile Dippy said:
also, does it even play DS games?

Yes, it is backwards compatible. Which is a big selling point for me, anyway.

The idea itself is good but I'm not sure what to say about that button layout. Seems like it would be harder to transition between AXBY and touch controls with the right hand when the buttons are so high up.

Captain Strong said:
Mario Party X said:
I imagine it would be to bulky for a child to hold comfortably (also i'm like 7)
It reminds me of a letter building block. You know, the ones where you spell out your names? Or maybe those books with round edges and cardboard pages? Those are bulky. I'm positive that the system will fit nicely in a child's hands.

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Seems like it would be harder to transition between AXBY and touch controls with the right hand when the buttons are so high up.
I tried holding my 3DS like I would a 2DS, and I don't think that will be a problem. However, if you were to play a game that requires you to hold it with one hand, like LoZ: Phantom Hourglass, it might be uncomfortable. With that being said, if I didn't have a 3DS by now, I'd get this instead of the 3DS.

I imagine this would make games that you play sideways (Hotel Dusk, for instance) a lot more comfortable.

Back