This thread where you admit you like games most people on the forum dislike.

Nagito Komaeda said:
I don't mind Halo.

Which ones have you played?

MCS said:
You need to play the first one, Combat Evolved. It's really classic, and most of my friends at school say it's one of the better ones.

Honestly thought 2 and reach were the best.

I've only played through Halo 1 with a friend when I was younger and a tiny bit of Halo 2 & 3 that I don't remember much of.

All I remember of 2 is driving a Ghost along a long bridge an jumping on a spider machine of some sort.

All I remember of Halo 3 is running around an area that had marines and the alien dudes fighting while something above me was pooping out enemies.

All of this was co-op I think, since I don't own any Microsoft consoles.

Honestly, I think a lot of the 3D Sonic games aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Except for '06, of course.

Proto Man said:
Honestly, I think a lot of the 3D Sonic games aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Except for '06, of course.

Well some haven't aged too well, like Sonic adventure for example(despite being one of my favorite sonic games).

Although i haven't played sonic 06 and unleashed(both look pretty bleh to me though), sonic and the secret rings was probably the worst sonic game ive played.

The game basically does the most part for you, there isn't a whole you actually do, little to no platforming, and the entire game is just a massive waste of time.

Samus Aran said:
Although i haven't played sonic 06 and unleashed(both look pretty bleh to me though), sonic and the secret rings was probably the worst sonic game ive played.

The game basically does the most part for you, there isn't a whole you actually do, little to no platforming, and the entire game is just a massive waste of time.
I also liked that game.

Time Turner said:
Samus Aran said:

I also liked that game.
I had some bitchin' music, so there's that.

Samus Aran said:
Well some haven't aged too well, like Sonic adventure for example(despite being one of my favorite sonic games).
never thought I'd ever be agreeing with you on something, but this is pretty much my thoughts on the matter as well. Although I haven't played either in a long while, so perhaps I'm idealising things !!

I played both of them last year, the Sonic Adventures don't hold up and I must admit the only reason I played though them was because nostalgia is a really powerful drug.

I thought Sonic Adventure 2 has held up pretty well, certainly much more than Adventure 1. The multiplayer is definitely the best in any main Sonic game at the moment.

The other Sonic game I remenber that had multiplayer was Sonic 06. You can clearly see why your statement isn't wrong, but it's nothing to brag about, either.

I know, in my opinion, I think 3D sonic never really worked properly. Heck, even Sonic Generations and Sonic Colours had a LOT of 2D sections.

I think it's just the problem of sonic's speed. They wanted to make him really fast, and that limited the players input, because they didn't want people getting hit from things they couldn't see a second ago. So a lot of 3D sonic is just sitting there watching Sonic run without any player input.

I've never played the adventure titles, though.

Game Boy said:
SMG2 was a great game and sequel.

I don't understand why a "lack of innovation" can stop people from enjoying the game.

Purple Yoshi said:
Game Boy said:

I don't understand why a "lack of innovation" can stop people from enjoying the game.

It's not just a lack of innovation, it's because it's like DLC at retail price. The only things new about that game are things to be expected out of new games, such as power-ups, levels, and music. Super Mario Galaxy 2 felt really stale.

Baby Luigi said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Game Boy said:

It's not just a lack of innovation, it's because it's like DLC at retail price. The only things new about that game are things to be expected out of new games, such as power-ups, levels, and music. Super Mario Galaxy 2 felt really stale.
I disagree, simply because even though it's an expansion pack, it's a really well made expansion pack that brings new things to the table, and I would rather have an expansion pack that brings new and fun levels than no sequel at all and more New Super Mario Bros titles, which seems to be what ended up happening.

"Well-made" being a subjective term. Disagree with me all you want, but I disliked the linearity of Galaxy 2, and I disliked the Green Stars even more. All the magic the first one had, the second one just removed it.

Baby Luigi said:
"Well-made" being a subjective term. Disagree with me all you want, but I disliked the linearity of Galaxy 2, and I disliked the Green Stars even more. All the magic the first one had, the second one just removed it.

Lol, I never got to the green stars because I suck at the game and I couldn't get all 120 stars.

And anyway, Green Stars are better than having to replay the entire game twice with a slightly different character whose only difference is jump height and handling.

Actually, I'm a lucky case here. My sister loves Mario. Her first playthrough of Galaxy 1 was of Mario. When Luigi became playable, it was my turn.

And even if you compare the two, Green Stars aren't that much better than doing it again as Luigi.

Back